01

—

"I accept your proposal."

Duke Alpheus gave out his hand while my father, Carsein Portona, gave his. They shook their hand while I just sat on my spot, probably with a dumbfounded meme expression all over my face.

Where am I? When did I? Who am I? I cracked a smile as I proceeded to watch them shake each other's hand. I lowered my hear and let out a sarcastic and quiet laugh underneath my breath, mocking myself.

I'm Eliza, a normal teenage girl who's obsessed with fictional men, I once lived with that name. That was until I reincarnated in a world that's inside a Korean novel. I mentally cursed at myself.

I remembered my past life when father mentioned the Obelian empire, especially when he said that I'll be engaged with the young master of the Alpheus house from that exact empire. I was so shocked that it took me days for his words to sink in. I would've been so happy if it wasn't for my Goddamn name!

I took a deep breath.

The name of the current body I'm using is, Annalisa Portona. At first, when I still haven't got my memories back, I found my name familiar. But like the lazy ass me, I just ignored it since it wasn't the first time I reacted in such a way towards something, without knowing that it was the most important clue there is to identify which book I'm actually in.

"Anna, go and take a stroll in the green house. Me and duke Alpheus are just going to talk about your engagement with his son. One of the maids will certainly guide you there, make sure to memorize the ways in this house since we'll be visiting more often." Father suddenly said which snapped me out of my trace.

"Yes..father."

I forced a smile before standing up from my seat. I grabbed my dress and did a curtsy. I turned around and made my way out of the room with one of the maids following me from behind.

We stepped out of the room and made our way through the hallways. The maid showed me the way despite following from behind. I memorized every turn and direction before we finally arrived to our destination. I dismissed the maid and walked inside of the green house.

Let's see... How did the fanfic go?

The title is, Battle of Love, an Ijekiel Alpheus X Athy fanfic.

Like the usual fanfics I've read, everything would turn out great at first and then crumble apart because of a villainess. And that freakin' villainess is me, Annalisa Portona!

I crouched down in defeat and squirmed. It's not the first time I've read a manhwa with truck-kun magically sending someone to wake up in a villainess' body! And that somehow happened to me, and it resulted to this!

I gripped on my dress and cracked a smile. The problem is that I am not someone who can just jump in a role, I'm not like that! Not everyone adjusts quickly after they wake up in a villainess' body! I'm not Penelope, Cayena, Roxana, Fiona or any people who quickly get in the role of the villainess' body they woke up in!

I sighed and stood straight before walking through the pathways. Most likely, I might even turn into someone like 'Ruby' from 'How to get my husband on my side.' You see, this body's owner is a literal psycho. How can I tell? Well, bruh, it was stated that she would always try to make fun of our dear Athy, indirectly humiliate her in her tea parties skillfully, and even dared to poison her!

Of course, like the villainess she is, she died by the hands of Claude. I mentally cried at the thought of me dying twice. What about Ijekiel and Athy? They didn't even ended up together in the end! The author suddenly took a turn to Lucas and made Ijekiel an emo boy!

I mentally cursed at the author who's also a freakin' psycho, the real villainess. I read the last chapter the author published before transferring in their own fanfic. It was Annalisa's point of view, she really loved Ijekiel ever since they were kids.

She tried everything to just catch his attention, but he would always turn his back on her and try to gain Athy's interest. I examined the white rose. Anyone could predict that Annalisa would immediately turn into a villain.

This girl had the same situation like Jusbel's from 'Father, I don't want to get married,' except for the fact that Jubel's father actually loved her. Annalisa's father, Carsein, would always try and turn her into a perfect doll. You see, Carsein is trying to clash with the royal family by comparing his own daughter with Athanasia. I took a deep breath and fumed in anger.

THAT FATHER OF HERS IS ALSO A FREAKIN' BASTARD!

Annalisa was crying because of so much pressure and expectations. Of course, Ijekiel saw her pitiful figure and comforted her by staying by her side as she cried the night out. She loved him even more because of that.

However, when she learned about the truth that he doesn't have his eyes on her but on Athanasia, her world immediately shattered into pieces. She suffered greatly because of that and turned into a villainess without caring of the world.

She turned her back on everyone since they've already turned their backs on her from the very start.

"What a pitiful girl, indeed." I sarcastically laughed at myself.

"Annalisa?"

I turned around when I heard a child's voice and quickly regreted it. I met a pair of golden like eyes and froze on my spot. I almost fainted when I recognized those freakin' eyes.

"What.." I muttered which made him blink.

WHAT THE HECK?! WHY DID I SUDDENLY MET IJEKIEL A YEAR EARLIER?!

—