14

-

-

"I hope that you still remember our secret garden." Ijekiel proclaimed as I looked around the place he introduced me to when we were younger.

"This is yours, not mine." I replied as I averted my eyes to him and met his. I was startled but kept my composure.

"You're my fiancé, Anna. It's appropriate for me to include you as the other owner of this secret garden." I sweat dropped at his remark.

"Why do you keep calling me your fiancé? From what I remember, the arranged marriage was already in the dark ever since I disappeared." I looked away, trying my best to avoid his gaze.

"..."

Everything was dead silent which made me feel uneasy. Dude, duke Partona is already dead! What do you want from me?? I gulped. I froze when I felt a pair of arms snaking around my lower collarbone.

"I disagree with your words, my lady. Even after duke Portona was sadly executed, the agreement still lived on. Do you hate me?" I blinked, trying to function.

"H-Huh?? I-It's not like that! I just don't know why you're so pleased with the arranged marriage when you can find your one and only true love." I raised my head and met his displeased expression.

"Should I remind you about what I said? I was very pleased when I realized that you're the one I'm engaged with. I don't want to be with anyone who's not you, my lady."

I widened my eyes in shock at his words. I can hear my heart beating, my knees were also getting weaker and weaker. No, no! Don't be fazed with his words! Remember that he's already bound with Athy in this world!

My heart throbbed. I lowered my head and gripped on my dress. I pressed my lips into a thin line. No, no, I don't love him. I don't love this Ijekiel Alpheus, I don't love this fanfic's Ijekiel Alpheus. We must stay focused, self.

"D-Don't...don't you play with my feelings."

I mentally sulked at myself when my voice cracked. The wind passed through us, trying to calm the tense atmosphere around the two of us. I gulped nervously since he still hasn't responded.

"To tell you the truth, up until that day six years ago, when I left for Arlanta, I went every day to this place where you suddenly disappeared without a trace." I widened my eyes at his response.

"Ije-"

"-And after that, every six months when I returned to Obelia, even then. Even to this day, I was hoping that you'd finally be back on my arms." I turned around and met his serious gaze.

"But why?" I managed to ask under that strong gaze of his.

Why would you do that for me? Aren't you supposed to be in love with Athy ever since she fell on us? Why are you acting like this, now?

Why now of all times?

My heart throbbed and my vision started to blur. I lowered my head to hide my face in embarrassment. I was startled when his arms tightened around me and pulled me closer to his body.

"Would you like to listen to my heart for the answer you wish for?"

Reluctantly, I did what he offered and gulped as I pressed my head on his chest while facing the side. I was nervous with the answer I'm going to get from his very own heart.

Suddenly, I almost stumbled forward when his chest disappeared. I widened my eyes as I started to fall, I almost had contact with the solid ground until I felt myself being lifted up.

"Had a nice trip?" "Anna!!" I heard Lucas' and Athy's voice which made me turn my head to where the voice came from.

"Put me down.."

My words almost came out like a mumble. I was gently placed back down on the solid ground. What was that? I didn't even get the answer. My heart throbbed. No, you can't be disappointed with that.

"Anna, are you okay?? Are you hurt?" I stared at the ground before raising my gaze with a forced smile across my face.

"I'm..fine. Excuse me, I feel a bit tired.. I'll just go and rest in a bit."

I managed to blurt out as I turned around while waving my hand to her. I can see the concerned look on her face before completely letting her face my back.

I made my way out of the room and walked through the hallways. I heard some ringing in my ear but I just ignored it and kept on walking, then started sprinting to my room.

I wanted to beat Lucas' ass for suddenly teleporting me to the Alpheus household just for Ijekiel, but the anger I had when he deliberately teleported me back here is even greater.

I can feel my cheeks getting wet which made me slowly stop my tracks. I shakily raised my hand to my cheeks and realized that I was crying. My breath hitched at my realization.

"N-No, you can't cry...especially when it's because of him."

I told myself as I repeatedly tried to wipe away the river of tears away from my face. I sobbed and fell on my knees because of how weak it felt. I gripped my chest that's aching very painfully.

"2nd princess?!"

I stopped and turned to the side when I heard Lily's voice coming from there and saw the oak haired woman with a surprised expression across her face. Not being able to endure the pain, I called out to her.

"Lily.." I whimpered as she sprinted towards me and quickly tried to aid me.

"Princess, what's wrong?? Did something happen? Does the 1st princess know??" She hastily questioned which made me feel more vulnerable.

"Lily, I want to go back to my room. Tuck me in, I want to rest. Please don't mention anything about this to Athy.."

She looked hesitant and nodded before letting out a sigh. She wrapped her arms around me and started lulling me to sleep.

I closed my eyes while hoping for the pain to fade away.

-