02

—

"W-Wha.."

We stood with our eyes wide and locked together. We weren't supposed to meet until I turn 7 and he turns 10! Did the plot change because I recovered my past memories?! I blinked multiple times and finally collected myself back.

"U-Uhm, hello. I'm Annalisa Portona."

I grabbed my dress and did a curtsy. I never knew that my death flag is already rising this fast! I gulped. God! Oh please, God! Do help and save me from the cruel fate of this body's owner. Even if I feel like God has abandoned me, I would still find him in these situations.

"O-Oh, I'm Ijekiel Alpheus..."

He finally spoke after a pregnant pause. I mentally sighed in relief since I can finally stand straight and I did. I fiddled with my fingers nervously without raising my head. My heart was beating so fast like it's going to pop out of my chest.

"W-When did you arrive? I'm sorry for not introducing myself earlier, I didn't notice your presence."

I continued to fiddle with my fingers while I squeezed my eyes shut. Ohh, Lord! Don't ever leave me hanging on this situation, please! Be merciful with a reader like me! I don't even know why you chose me out of all people who are fit with this role! I mentally cried.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a palm on my hand and quickly opened my eyes. My orbs widened and crawled my gaze from the hand up to figure out if it really belongs to the child before me.

"It's my fault for not notifying you earlier." His gaze was staring down with a small pout across his face.

I suddenly felt my cheeks heating up at the sight. Huh? I looked down to where he was staring at and saw that his eyes are glued on our hands. My heart suddenly felt heavy so I unconsciously pulled my hands away.

"O-Oh?"

I blurted out in surprise when I realized what I just did. I didn't dare to look up and meet his gaze. Why did I just do that? Why did my heart felt so heavy? Is it because he was almost the reason why Annalisa died? I pursed my lips into a thin line.

"Pardon my discourtesy."

I immediately went back to earth when he suddenly grabbed my hand and started running, dragging me with him. I was too shocked to even care where he was dragging me.

Huh? Where am I? Who am I? Why am I being dragged by my own death flag? And why am I even allowing him to drag me around? I cracked a smile until I finally looked at his back.

Why is he even dragging me like this? Ijekiel didn't even react like this when he and Annalisa first met. So why now? Why is he acting like this now? I recollected myself when he suddenly stopped which caused me to bump onto his back.

"Ow.."

My nose bumped a little hard on his back and is now hurting. I was too convinced with the pain until a gush of wind flew pass me which made me squint my eyes shut while covering my face with my free hand.

"Annalisa?" I tried my best to look at the child who spoke out of nowhere.

"Where are.."

Words didn't manage to escape my mouth when I saw our surroundings. White flowers surrounded the both of us, I recognized the place and realized that we're in his secret garden.

It looks even more beautiful than what Spoon illustrated! I didn't care if I had my mouth parted in awe. Such a magnificent sight! But why...why am I the one he bought here? Wasn't he supposed to bring Athanasia here instead of me?

"This is my secret garden.."

I averted my gaze to the white haired male who's staring at me. I was startled when I met his stare but I quickly collected my composure. I bent down on the ground and plucked a flower before pulling it to my face, smelling it.

"Why'd you bring a stranger to such a place, Ijekiel?" I questioned as I played with the flower I plucked.

"I thought you've already figured out who I am when I said my name, Annalisa."

He spoke which made me widen my eyes and turn to look at him. I yelped when I see him already sitting beside me, plucking some flowers. Eh?! When did he moved beside me?! Why didn't I notice?? I gulped.

"O-Oh? So you're the one my father engaged me with.." I spoke, his head turned to me. I slightly flinched at his action.

"I'm glad.." His answer made me freeze on my spot while my eyes widen.

"Huh? You're glad that you're engaged with someone you barely even know?" I questioned as I averted my gaze back to the flowers.

"It's not like that. I just knew the moment I saw you, I'm glad that you're the one I'm engaged with."

His answer almost made me laugh sarcastically. You're glad because you're engaged to me? From what I read, you were clearly displeased of this marriage ever since you met Athanasia. I gripped on my dress.

"Then...please take care of me." I blurted out as I tried my best not to storm out from the spot.

Please take care of me and not kill me. Just tell me if you're already in love with Athanasia, so I can force my father to cancel the marriage. So I won't die because of the two of you. I felt something on my ear which caused me to turn, only to find Ijekiel inserting a flower on my ear.

"Ahh.." We both blurted out in shock, I quickly turned away with my hands cupping my cheeks.

I failed to notice what's already blooming inside my heart.

—