24

-

-

The 1st princess stayed in the Alpheus house after the emperor's attempt to kill her. The 2nd princess was moved with her which saddened the young master Alpheus, but endured it.

The princesses lived in the Alpheus mansion until miss Margarita came home with the news of the emperor wanting to meet the princesses again.

Of course the 1st princess came but everything was still not okay. The emperor asked for her highnesses condition, especially the 2nd princess whose body is fragile.

She answered his questions carefully and was granted permission to stay in the Emerald palace once again.

Thus, the princesses moved back to their destined place. The 2nd princess finally had the chance to recover with the magicians that the emperor, himself, sent to cure her.

But everything was useless because she kept lashing them out from her own room, searching for her lover's presence.

Of course, the emperor was quite displeased with that but gave the young master Alpheus the permission to step inside the Emerald's palace.

With Ijekiel by Annalisa's side, she was at peace once again. The magicians who were trying their best weren't intelligent nor experienced enough to actually figure out what's wrong with her condition.

She was stable but her mana is still clashing inside her. It was a miracle that she was still able to survive each day of the endless and unbearable pain.

Thus, the court's magician finally came back from his journey to the world tree. The 1st princess was filled with joy and quickly told him to fix her sister and the emperor.

He fixed the 2nd princess' overpowering mana that's surging inside of her. He told them that she just needs some rest now that her mana's finally stabilized.

Ijekiel stayed by her side day by day. He was never busy for her. If he's been piled up with work, he'd do it in her room to keep her in check, to make sure he'd be the first to witness her waking up.

Everything passed in a blur, the emperor's condition worsened and was in a coma. The 2nd princess was still asleep. The 1st princess barely handled everything within the palace.

Annalisa finally opened her eyes with her past memories flashing in her mind. She was overjoyed to see her lover beside her with a pile of documents in his hands.

"Ijekiel.."

As soon as she called his name, he froze on his spot before slowly lifting his gaze, meeting hers. She smiled sweetly as he stood up from his seat, placing the documents down on the chair.