23

-

-

After that very night, the two of them got closer than they ever imagined they would be.

She'd visit him every night while he'd wait for her on the balcony. She'd appear in front of him and he'd always catch her for safety.

They'd always greet each other with a smile and such loving gaze that's only there for one another. Happiness would always engulf their hearts whenever they collided in each other's arms.

Their late nights were their very own secret.

That was until the 1st and 2nd princess held another tea party again. They wore Margarita's gifts as a sign of their friendship, the said girl is quite happy because of this.

The princesses created a mana explosion as soon as their divine beasts collided with them.

Everyone was desperate, even the cold emperor himself. Thus, the princesses were saved but their savior fell into deep sleep.

As soon as the royal family finally came back to their senses, the princesses were already kneeling before their very own father whose cold stare pierced in them.

Ijekiel Alpheus stared at his lover from afar. The 2nd princess wasn't physically strong, her body's condition wasn't strong enough for everything that's happening.

She fainted at the spot which created chaos. He wanted to save her, he tried to jump in the scene but his father, duke Alpheus, prevented him from doing so.

The 1st princess held her unconscious sister and composed herself. She raised her gaze and met the emperor's. His eyes went wide because of her cold gaze.

"...As you wish, these ones will take their leave. Blessings and glory upon the sun of the Obelian empire."

She tried her best to carry her sister. Everyone wintnessed the pitiful situation of her highnesses. The emperor watched the desperation of the 1st princess for her own sister.

Thus, Lilian York came to view in tears. She carried the 2nd princess with all her strength and hurried away from the scene with the 1st princess following her from behind.

The young master Alpheus managed to escape his father's grasp and ran after the three with heavy hearts, wishing that his beloved would be okay.

The emerald palace was in chaos when they saw the 2nd princess' state. Ijekiel arrived not long after and saw the 1st princess standing before the very door where light emitted from.

He figured that the 2nd princess would be in the room so he asked permission from the blonde haired who just kept quiet. He was about to go inside until he heard his loved one's cry.

"No! No!! Please, it hurts! Argh! Waahhh! Ijekiel! Ijekiel!!"

The screams reached his ears and traumatized them. He couldn't bear to witness what was happening, but chose to move forward for her.

He stepped inside the door and saw the 2nd princess being restrained on bed by the maids. She was losing her mind because the memories of her 1st life are squeezing their way inside her mind.

Not being able to hold back any longer, he hurried beside her and cupped her cheeks. Everyone was stunned by the sudden appearance of the white haired man.

"My love, I'm here now.. Everything's gonna be okay.."

He whispered with a desperate tone as he met her gaze. Tears formed in the corner of her eyes while she stopped trying to free herself from the holds of the maids.

"Ijekiel, it hurts.."

She sobbed which made his heart ache. The pitiful sight of his very own significant other is too much for him to handle. He started lulling the female to sleep.

That moment, he made an oath to her that he will always be by her side. Even in death, he will remain there beside her to ease her painful cries.

Unfortunately, he couldn't stay. He left after giving her a sweet kiss on the forehead. The 1st princess waited for him from the outside.

"Please create room for my sister, lord Ijekiel. Let her stay in your residence, for she won't be able to endure the situation here. Please.."

He accepted the female's request, of course. He received some scolding from his father but fought back, he surely is different when it comes to the 2nd princess.

A few days passed and it was stated that the 2nd princess disappeared without a trace. Nobody knew what happened, they couldn't ask the 1st princess since she locked herself in her own room.

Truth was, she used her magic in the middle of the night and teleported her sister to the room of the young master Alpheus. It was what they planned. She can feel at ease now that her sister is out of danger.

Ijekiel was cautious while letting the 2nd princess sleep in his room. Being respectful, he sleeps on his couch and often just stays on the edge of the bed to check her condition.

She'd wake up from time to time with a loud gasp. He'd always hurry beside her to prevent her from losing control of herself again. But as always, she'd always fall asleep peacefully whenever she saw him.

He's the only one who can prevent her from losing herself. He's the one who took extra care of her and makes sure she's in good health.

It pains him to always see her like a lifeless doll on his bed. But she always seeks his touch whenever she wakes up or before going back to sleep.

The two really shared an unconditional and strong love for one another.

-