05

-

-

"Big sister!"

Jennette greeted me as soon as I stepped out of the carriage. She ran to me while I spread my arms for her, she engulfed me with a big hug. She giggled very cutely as she nuzzled on me.

"Good morning to you, too, Jennette." I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around her.

"You took so long to arrive!" She whined which made me mentally sigh.

"That's because I dolled myself up for you." She pulled her head away and looked at me with glimmers around her eyes.

"Really?" She questioned with flowers around her. I smiled before placing my hand on her head and patted it.

"Of course."

"Miss Jennette, Miss Portona." I looked up to the maid who called out. "The young master has called you two in his room."

"We'll be there." I replied which made the maid nod before bowing. I looked down to Jennette who's still hugging me. "Ijekiel's waiting for us, Jettie."

"Alright.."

I smiled as she pulled away from me. I grabbed her hand before we started making our way to Ijekiel's room like the maid spoke. Jennette sings a cute lullaby with a bright smile across her face, I smiled widely at the sight.

Time flows like water, it's been months since I've spent time with Jennette and Ijekiel. Me and Jennette had been very close. As for Ijekiel, it's okay? I don't actually know. I don't know if I'd even trust or let him, completely, in my life.

We made our way through the hallways. I'd try to cautiously avoid him, but he would always pop out of nowhere and try to break down the barrier I created between us. It's not like I want to, it's just that I needed to have a wall between us.

"Big brother."

I went back to reality when Jennette spoke. I was startled when I realized that we've already arrived. I watched as she knocked twice on the door before it opened and revealed the male we came for.

"Jennette, Anna." He smiled warmly while he stepped out of his room.

"Good morning, Ijekiel." I said as I attempted to do a curtsy until he grabbed my hand.

"I told you that you need not to be that formal to me."

I looked at him in surprise and just forced a smile. Yes, it's not the first time he'd try and make me more comfortable to him. But this is me we're talking about, I won't let anything break the walls I've built for my own survival.

"We're not that close, Ijekiel. I'm afraid it would be wrong for me to drop the formalities." I was about to pull my hand but his grip tightened a little.

"I..see." His expression went gloomy which almost made me take back my words.

"Big brother? Big sister?" I remembered Jennette which made me look at her and smile.

"Shall we go and have some tea in the greenhouse?" I questioned which made her smile brightly and nod aggressively.

"Can I have some milk instead??" I just chuckled before giving her a nod.

"If that's what our little Jettie wants." She giggled very cutely which made my heart warm.

I'll never get tired of seeing her act so cutely. She makes me forget about my fate in this fanfic. I snapped out of my thoughts when she started pulling me which made me let out a small yelp.

"Jennette, be gentle to Anna." Ijekiel scolded her which made her expression turn into a gloomy one.

"Don't worry, Ijekiel." I turned to him with a business smile before turning back to the girl and smiled sweetly. "Let's go, Jettie."

"Yes!"

Her gloomy expression turned back into a bright one and started pulling me, again. I noticed a hand that's still holding onto mine, I turned my head and saw that it was Ijekiel's.

"I hope you don't mind, m'lady."

He smiled at my action. The message his smile is sending is, you refused to drop your formalities earlier, you can't do anything about this one now.

"Ahh..yes." I mentally sighed in defeat before turning my head back to Jennette who suddenly stopped.

"Please prepare two cups of tea and a glass of milk!" She told the maid who gave her a smile and nodded.

"Yes, miss Jennette." The maid said and turned her gaze to me and the boy behind me.

"Do take it to the greenhouse, we'll be having our drinks there." I said which made her nod.

"Yes, miss Portona." With that, I turned to Ijekiel.

"Is that okay?" I questioned which made him smile.

"As long as I'm with you." I widened my eyes at his response while he just looked at me 'innocently.'

"U-Uhh..okay?" I turned to Jennette who turned to me with cookies on her hands.

"Ann gave me cookies!" She beamed happily before handing out a cookie to me.

"Thank you, Jettie." I patted her head and started eating the cook.

"Here you go, big brother!" She gave Ijekiel who smiled and grabbed the cookie from her hands.

"Thank you, Jennette." He said before he started nibbing on the cookie.

"Hehe!"

Jennette giggled and started eating the cookie with us. What a sight to see. Such a feeling, so warm and cozy. I smiled before devouring the whole cookie I'm holding.

"Let's go?" I questioned which made them look at me.

"Let's go!"

-