04

—

"Go and make sure to be polite to Ijekiel." Father said before giving me a little nudge forward. It was only a light force but it was able to make me stumble on the child before me.

"Oof!" I blurted out after a soft thud was heard when I bumped onto the white haired.

"Are you okay?" Ijekiel questioned which quickly made me move away from him and forced out a small laugh.

"Yes, I'm sorry for losing my balance."

I replied as I scratched the back of my head with a nervous smile across my face. I mentally cried before fighting the urge to smack this father of mine. Maybe I should just strangle him when he sleeps.

"It's alright. Let's go?" I snapped out of my evil thoughts and nodded in response.

He smiled before leaning towards me, I was startled when he suddenly grabbed my hand and started dragging me away from the two dukes. This was the first time I was ever this grateful for being dragged by my death flag.

"Where do you want to go?"

He questioned which caught my attention. He stopped from walking and turned to me which made me flinch a little in response. I just sweat dropped before I shrugged.

"Y-You decide.." I replied which made his lips curve up to a smile, I looked at him in surprise.

"Then, shall we-"

"Big brother?"

He was cut off by a female child's voice that came from the side. We turned our heads to where the voice came from. I widened my eyes while my mouth parted when I saw Jennette Margarita, the child version of her.

Huh? What? WHAT?! WHY IS JENNETTE- No... Why the heck did I forgot about Jennette's existence?! God! Why am I so forgetful at times like this? I mentally cried.

"Jennette." Ijekiel called out to the girl who has her eyes glued on us.

"Who's this, big brother?" She questioned with glitters around her eyes. What's with that reaction?

"Ahh.." Ijekiel spread his hand to me. "This is Annalisa Portona, my fiancé."

"Fiancé? As in like, your partner?" Her eyes widened in shock while I just sweat dropped.

"H-Hello, I'm Annalisa Portona." I did a curtsy with a nervous smile across my face.

"U-Uhm.. I'm Jennette Margarita.."

I stood up and noticed her exposed blue jeweled eyes. I stared at them in surprise. Huh? Did duke Alpheus forgot about her eyes?? Why did he let her roam around the manor despite knowing about me and my father's active presence?? I felt a nudge on my sleeve.

"C-Can I call you big sister?" I snapped out of my trace and looked at the girl, who suddenly appeared before me, in shock.

"H-Huh??" I blurted out in surprise.

"Jennette." The tone of his voice changed into a warning one. "I'm sorry about Jennette. It's her first time meeting a girl with the same age as her, I hope you can forgive her."

"N-No, it's alright. I, too, haven't met anyone with the same age as me. However, why big sister? I'm sure you're older than me."

I questioned with an unsure smile on my face. Well, Jennette was born in the 6th of January. Annalisa's birthday is on the 3rd of December. I stared at her before my eyes widened when I saw her face turning bright.

"I just want to call you big sister, because you're the first ever girl I've met with the same age as me!" She beamed with a wide smile.

"Jennette."

Ijekiel warned, again. I unconsciously squeezed on his hand which made him turn to me. I showed him a small smile and nodded before facing the oak haired child.

"Alright. In exchange, let me call you as my little sister." She blushed bright red.

That's right, Jennette grew up without a family. She would always watch Duke Alpheus and Ijekiel bond so warmly. She was quite jealous because no matter how much she tried to fit in, she just couldn't. That's what she said to Anastacius.

"Please do, big sister!"

She jumped on me which almost made me stumble backwards. My back bumped onto a chest, I turned and widened my eyes when I saw that it was Ijekiel with a worried expression across her face.

"Are you okay?" He questioned which made me look at him in surprise.

"I'm..fine. Thank you for saving me."

I bluntly replied before I felt a pair of arms around me, I looked down and saw that it belongs to Jennette. She buried her face on my chest and nuzzled on me with flowers and sparkles around her, showing that she was very happy.

Oh...what a sight. To see someone actually clinging happily onto me like this. I found myself circling my arms around her.

Maybe it was because she somehow resembled me in my past life.

Maybe it was because she looked so pitifully happy for finally having a family.

Wait..

Family?

I felt my cheeks getting wet which startled me a little. I buried my face on her head and tightened my hold around her. She probably noticed my small action since she also tightened her arms around me.

Maybe I'm like this because she's so pure

Maybe I'm like this because I finally have a family.

Wait,

I finally have a family?

"Big sister!" She giggled as she nuzzled more to me.

How can she have such a big affect on me..

Okay.

I hope the Heavens will forgive me.

Because I'm about to become greedy for the feeling I never once felt before.

The feeling of actually feeling warm because of the word,

Family.

—