12

-

-

"And turn, now finish!" Madame Pompidou proclaimed happily while Athy and I did as she said.

"Really, there is not a single flaw in your dancing, princesses! You two are a textbook example! How is it possible to be this light and graceful!"

How long has it been since she started complimenting how the both of us danced,

"I guess the fact that your mother was a dancer helps at times like this, princesses."

And mention Diana's commoner blood running through our veins like it's very much of a flaw?

I'm getting sick of it.

"Ma'am Pompidou, I see you still haven't realized your position after these past months teaching us, the other teachers as well." I spoke which made her look at me with eyes wide.

"I-I beg your pardon, princess?"

She asked as if she doesn't know what she just did. Of course she would act clueless right now. Is she now scared since I finally used my voice? I may not be Diana's real daughter, but I'm Annalisa right now and Diana's very sweet and kind, she doesn't deserve to be insulted like this.

"I've been enduring your words ever since you came and started teaching us how to dance. Of course, I'm grateful of your lessons since it surely helped me and my sister a lot. But you've really crossed the line this time."

I said while staring at her which made her breath hitch. She abruptly fell down on her knees and pressed her forehead to the solid ground, she was trembling in fear.

"Please forgive me, princesses! This one did not consider your feelings and deliberately committed an unforgivable sin!" She yelled which made my eyebrows meet.

"You knew your actions were unforgivable, yet you still ask for forgiveness? I wonder how daddy would react if he was the one who heard those insults. Heck, you wouldn't have survived even a second if he actually did."

I made sure to deepen my voice as I said those words. She hiccuped which made me scoff in response. I grabbed Athy's hand and stormed out of the room, leaving the vicious woman behind.

"I'm sorry, I should've done what you did back there from the very start." I stopped when Athy said those words and turned to her.

"It's not your fault, Athy. Daddy's scary and I assume that you're afraid of his wrath, but I'm not. What that woman did is clearly unforgivable, we've endured her insults for so long already, she even dared to speak lowly of our mother." I puffed my cheeks which made her sigh.

"I guess you're right." She replied with a frown.

"Princesses!" We turned to the side when we heard Felix's voice and saw the red haired running towards us.