20

-

-

"2nd princess."

I turned around when I heard Ijekiel's voice calling out to me. There I saw the white haired man with a smile plastered across his face as he made his way to me.

"Lord Ijekiel."

I smiled as he placed a hand on his chest and bowed to me. I returned his gesture with a curtsy before standing up to meet his strong and alluring gaze.

"May I come closer, your highness?" He questioned which made me hum as I leaned on the balustrades.

"Permission granted." I replied which made him walk closer and stood beside me.

"I'm very much thankful to be beside you right now, princess. I hope to have more opportunities that would let me spend time with you." His words made my cheeks heat up.

"You sure choose your words wisely, lord Ijekiel. I almost thought that you were constantly trying to get my interest."

I giggled while I turned my head to him without knowing that I'd meet his gaze. A serious expression spread through his face as he stared at my orbs that were widened in shock.

"I'm very much doing my best for her highness to notice my actions." He smiled which made my heart race. I quickly looked away and stared up to the stars.

"You might get executed for trying to toy with a member of the royal family's feelings, lord Ijekiel."

I proclaimed as I fiddled with my fingers until I felt a hand on mine which startled me. I looked beside me and saw that it really was the young lord Alpheus'.

"I sure apologize for invading your own personal space. However, if it means that I'd be able to clear up the misunderstanding in her highness' head, that I'm just toying with her feelings, I will do anything that's possible to not make the princess think that way." His words made my heart flutter.

"You really are something, lord Ijekiel." I giggled.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The chaos that happened in the palace failed to spread around the empire, for the emperor ordered the court's magician to erase the memories of all nobles in the scene.

As for the young master of the Alpheus house, his life was spared along with his memories. He received mercy from the ruler of the empire for being able to help the 2nd princess.

The 1st princess always stayed beside her unconscious sister and rejected every letter that she received. She just couldn't go out and enjoy when her sister's confined in bed.

The emerald palace was filled with gloom because of their princesses' situation. They just couldn't lift their spirits, so they tried their best to comfort the 1st princess.

The young master Alpheus was granted the permission to freely visit the 2nd princess since they were destined for each other. The emperor knows really well how painful it is to be separated from your significant other.

The court's magician would always visit to keep the sleeping princess in check, to keep her mana in check so there won't be tears rolling down on the 1st princess' cheeks.

Knowing how long and painful the 2nd princess is. He didn't get irritated because of the work, he just simply pitied her for being that desperate to be with her lover.

Days, weeks, and months passed by like the wind. There were still no signs of Annalisa to wake up, Athanasia kept on crying for her sister to finally wake up.

Ijekiel's daily life hasn't also been the same. He would always wake up with his cheeks stained or wet with all his tears. He just couldn't understand why fate's so cruel to him and his lover.

Claude just pretended for everything to be okay and tried his best to act accordingly. But at the end of the day, liquor filled his table with him worrying about his daughter.

Lucas kept on trying his best for the blonde haired who suddenly started crying in her sleep, another chore fell on him because of it. Nevertheless, he kept on helping the highnesses.

He found a solution, which is to use the world tree's fruit on her. He discussed it with the royal family and was granted permission to go and look for the sacred fruit.

But of course, he didn't just leave without putting a strong stabilizing mana on both the princesses. So he finally left in the middle of the night after bidding goodbye to the sleeping Athanasia.

A few days after that, the young ward from the Alpheus house stood beside Ijekiel with puffy eyes. Athanasia was surely surprised by the sudden visit but Ijekiel explained his reasons.

The 1st princess made her very first friend. The both of them took extra care of the 2nd princess. The young master of the Alpheus house was quite pleased since the three females were also very much close in the past.

Deep inside he knew, he knew who was the cause of his and his lover's struggles. He warned the royal family about the mysterious man and made sure to highly secure the palaces.

Everything changed once again when Athanasia and Jennette were together again. Blackie came to view and jumped on the blonde haired who enjoyed the divine beast's presence.

Little did the princess know, the mysterious man, the young master of the Alpheus house warned them about, has finally made his next move to destroy the empire.

In that exact moment,

The 2nd princess' eyes fluttered open.

-