ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ

It's been two and a half months. I haven't seen or heard from Enrico in two months. It's been two months since everyone stopped talking about him.

After thinking about him, I only realized I had slight feelings for him. Perhaps it was the way he handled me in bed or the gentleness with which he guided me throughout Italy.

I sighed and shook my head.

I shoved him to the back of my thoughts and crossed out yet another day.

In one week, I would receive my law degree and become a licensed attorney.

My exams went well. I had no idea why I was so worried because the tests appeared to be so simple.

Perhaps it was due to the length of time I had spent studying. But, since all of my studying had paid off, I didn't dwell on it.

Another reason I was crossing off the days as they passed was that my family was expected to arrive today. They were going to stay in a hotel because my apartment was too tiny for all of them.

They'd check into the hotel first, then come over to my apartment. I got no response when I texted them to see if they had landed, so I assumed they were still on the plane.

While cleaning my house, I listened to music. I didn't want my mother to say anything because she was a clean freak. I adored her, but when it came to cleaning, she could be a pain.

The floor had been vacuumed, the kitchen had been swept and was squeaky clean, my room is spotless, and the bathroom is glossy.

My apartment smelled fresh and was vanilla-scented. Everything was in order, and was ready to be greeted by relatives.

This would be my family's first trip to Italy, believe it or not. My parents were always hesitant to visit here, so I had to return to Spain whenever I wanted to visit.

However, since I'm graduating, everything I say happens.

I took my phone out of my pocket and grimaced as I saw no text messages from my family.

Perhaps their flight has been delayed, and they will be late. With a shrug of my shoulders, I stepped into the living room. I took the remote and began scrolling through the channels.

As time went on, I could feel myself yawning. I did get up early to clean, so that was most likely the cause of my exhaustion.

Someone knocked on my door just as I was about to doze off. I got up and walked to the door, thinking it was my delivery that I had ordered a while ago.

When I got to the door, I didn't even look through the peep hole. I just opened the door. My family of six was there at the entrance, much to my astonishment.

As I heard everyone gasp and felt my mother's arms around me, my eyes widened in amazement. No one even bothered to wait patiently for me to hug them.

They began hugging my back, head, arms, and anything else they could get their hands on. As they all fought to hug me, I laughed.

After a few minutes of everyone trying to hug me, I stepped back into my apartment to make room for everyone.

As everyone walked into my apartment, my Mamá looked around, as if she was inspecting it. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

That would, of course, be the second thing she'd do.

Marco and Vince walked straight to my refrigerator, and I stood there watching.

"Oh my goodness! I'm famished!" Marco exclaimed, prompting his twin to agree.

"It must be a twin thing, Marco! I'm starving too!" Vince shouted dramatically.