ᴄʟɪɴɢʏ

I was currently on my way to work. Unfortunately, the weekend had passed by. The day following our date, Enrico had stuck to his word and we both met up.

We just chatted and spoke, maybe exchanging a few more soft and passionate kisses. I ran my fingers against my mouth, still feeling his lips on mine.

Since I was still driving, I swiftly returned my hand to the steering wheel. My thoughts of Enrico damn near almost got me killed.

As I arrived at work without any incidents, I let out a breath of relief. I gathered my belongings and exited my vehicle.

I entered the building and walked to the elevator, selecting my floor number. When I arrived, I walked straight to my office and unlocked the door.

Because I had new files on my desk, I sat down and got to work. I opened my laptop and checked my emails to see if any of the bosses had sent me anything.

When I didn't see anything, I shrugged my shoulders and went back to work. Both time and papers flew by. I sighed as I leaned back in my rolling chair.

I yelled 'come in' as soon as I heard a knock on my door. I knew it was unprofessional, but I didn't even fix my posture to greet the visitor in my office.

When I heard someone clear their throat, I looked up and saw none other than Enrico himself.

Enrico stood there, looking as expensive as usual, holding two brown bags. As he helped himself and sat down, his brows furrowed.

"I brought lunch," he remarked, prompting me to check the time on the clock on my wall.

I had completely forgotten about my lunch break.

I sighed and said, "Thank you, Enrico. I completely forgot about my lunch break."

Enrico's brows remained furrowed as he gave me a kind but stern look.

"You need to be taking care of yourself, Valentina." He said sternly, and I gulped noticeably.

I sat up straighter, ready to defend myself. "I am, Rico! I just... forgot? Look at all these papers," I said. Enrico raised his brows and began muttering something under his breath as he peered down at the jumbled mess on my desk.

"If you don't start taking lunches, I'll be here everyday around this time with lunch," Enrico warned me.

"There's no need for that, Sol and I have lunch together." I answered so casually, not thinking, just speaking.

My eyes widened as I readied myself for the worst once I remembered what I had just said.

Enrico gave a me threatening chuckle. "Is that so?"

I swallowed hard, wishing I could just say 'April Fools'. I didn't think it was a huge deal that I ate lunch with Sol. Rico made a huge thing out of it since Sol likes me, but Enrico forgets that I only want him.

"Sol eats lunch everyday with my girl, hm? I think I need to meet him now, yeah?" Enrico added as he set the food bags down, "I think that's fair."

"So, what did you bring for us today?" I asked, disregarding what he had just said.

Enrico rolled his eyes and gave me a look that told me that this was not the end of our conversation. I shrugged my shoulders and pointed to the bags, my stomach filling up the room, rumbling.

While he began unraveling the bags, I began cleaning up my desk to create room for our lunch.

He scowled and pulled out a large number of sushi containers from the bags. There were around ten containers in each bag. My eyes dilated.