ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

Valentina's POV

Six months later...

After one last push, my baby girl was placed into my arms. Both the anguish and the joy brought tears to my eyes. Joy that my daughter was finally here with me, on earth.

Her little cries filled the room, but that just brought me satisfaction me because I had waited hours to see and hear her.

I looked at Enrico, who had tears in his eyes and a smile on his face. He attempted but failed to blink them away, causing tears to flood down his face. Rico extended his hand to touch her, and she quickly clasped her small palm around his.

Her sobs subsided as she appeared to be at ease with both of her parents. My heart soared with pride as I realized that I would go to any length to protect my baby, our baby.

As the nurse pulled our daughter from my arms to clean, weigh, clothe, and measure her, my heart nearly broke. My heart ached even though I knew I'd have her back.

His smile faded when she let go of his hand due to the distance between them. Regardless of how he was feeling, he checked on me. Rico made direct eye contact with me and gave me a loving stare.

Enrico knelt down and kissed my forehead a thousand times. He began to praise me on how well I'd done, how well I'd handled the pain, and how beautifully I'd delivered a baby.

"You did so good, preziosa." He kissed my forehead once more, whispering, "Tell me how you're feeling, hm?"

My face was covered in a painful soft smile. "I'm in pain, but I'll get through it. How are you?"

"If I could take away your pain, I would. You're so strong, you know that, right?" He asked.

"Here you are in pain yet you're asking me how I am?" He laughed and shook his head.

"I'm so fucking happy, I'm at peace with life. I have you and our princess," Enrico finished off, kissing my forehead once again.

My lips trembled as a sob left my lips, seeming all emotional. I was in pain and I was overjoyed. Everything was so overwhelming and I felt like I was spiraling. All I needed was a hug.

As if he had read my mind, Enrico began to hug me as tightly as he could. We hugged each other until I finished crying and wanted to pull back. I wanted to cry again at how blessed I was, but I didn't want to worry Enrico, so I kept my feelings to myself.

When we had stopped hugging, a nurse walked in with a smile on her face. She politely requested for Enrico to leave the room so that she could move me to a recovery room. The nurse also told him to follow her if he wanted.

Enrico followed me after listening to the nurse. I wouldn't mind if he left my side to see our daughter, but he insisted on staying with me, saying the nurses would care for our princess until we were situated.

It meant a lot to me that he was here for me. The little things he does makes me the most happiest woman on earth.

Enrico, for example, was reading about postpartum the other day in his office. He didn't attempt to disguise it when I found him reading it. In fact, he started telling me postpartum facts.