ᴄʜᴀᴏꜱ

Enrico's POV

I watched as an confident Valentina walked across the stage with a beautiful smile. Her body was wrapped in a long white dress that complimented her so well.

Her long legs seemed to go on for days, as she paired them with black heels. Valentina's height is one of my favorite things about her.

She stands tall and confident, which is everything I love about a woman.

When she returned to her seat with a grin, a smile of my own started to form on my face. Seeing her happy made me happy, even if I wasn't the cause of it.

My eyes were solely focused on her as the ceremony went on. I watched as she conversed with the little boy besides her. They both seemed to laugh and joke around.

I could feel jealousy flow through my veins, but I calmed myself down. I didn't have the right to be so possessive over her, to tell her who she can and cannot talk to.

I lost my chance, but now I'm determined to get another one.

There was really no reason why I stopped calling her. That was a lie. I knew deep down why I was so scared.

I like her.

This wasn't apart of any plan I had. We were solely going to use each other for pleasure, yet there I was, taking her out and touring her.

During that entire day, I could tell that my feelings for her went beyond our sexual relationship. It scared me. I didn't know if she liked or felt something towards me back.

And what did I do? I took the easy way out and ran.

I ghosted her and avoided certain spots and clubs she would be at. I was a coward, but I'm owning up to it, or at least attempting to own up to it.

When the ceremony ended, she walked up to her parents and was immediately drowned with hugs. I smiled at the sight in front of me. She looked so happy, I could just take a picture to reminisce her smile.

Before intruding, I decided to let her and her family talk and hug for a bit. When I interrupted, I felt bad. Her smile immediately vanished as soon as she saw me.

Knowing that I was the cause of it, made my confidence falter a bit. Her entire family exchanged odd looks at me, while one of her brothers, I presumed, shot me a death glare.

I would've glared back if it hadn't been her brother.

We talked after she shooed them away. She was both confused and taken aback. I would be too if someone showed up to something so personal if we haven't spoken in a while.

She thanked me and walked off. As much as I wanted to spill out everything, I reminded myself to take it slow.

This was our first interaction in months.

I watched as she walked off into the parking lot. The wind blew a little bit, sending her sweet perfume in my direction. I took a deep breath and savored the aroma before exhaling.

God, I'm so whipped.

After about ten minutes, I thought it was time to go back to my boring life. I walked into the parking lot and made my way to my car. A few voices shouted at me.

I was going to ignore them, but something told me to stop and turn around, so that was exactly what I did. I came into sight with two people, twins actually. The same ones that were hugging Valentina.

My eyebrows raised up in surprised.

What were they doing here? Let alone talking to me?

One of the twins began to speak. "I'm Marco, and this is Vince. We are brothers to Valentina, whom you know?"