ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴋɪꜱꜱ

I grabbed a standard turkey and cheese sandwich. I hummed as I put it in my mouth; I enjoyed simple foods like this.

I then took a strawberry and popped it into my mouth, blending the two exquisite flavors.

Enrico then helped himself to the foods and began eating; there was a brief pause before Enrico spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Tell me about yourself, things I don't know." Enrico said, his gaze fixed on me.

I grinned. "I'd create my own art gallery if being a lawyer didn't work out."

"I'd be in that place everyday buying whatever you made," he smoothed talked, leading me to sarcastically roll my eyes.

I told him, "Of course you would. Tell me about yourself."

He gave me a hum. "Because I've never had siblings, I'd want a family that's bigger than yours."

My eyes have widened as a result of his comment. I had no idea Enrico was the type to want a large family, let alone have children.

"That's surprising, but I agree. Growing up with a large family was challenging, but I wouldn't trade it for anything." I stated this with a smile on my face, and he smiled back.

Enrico smiled every time I talked which always got me flustered. This resulted in me having a hard time speaking from his intense stare.

Whenever I couldn't handle his intense stare much longer, I would look away and turn my gaze to the beautiful lake and the approaching sunset.

Enrico and I started conversing more, seeking to learn everything we could about one other. I mentally jotted down every detail he told me about himself. Enrico was truly a fascinating individual.

I was really taken aback when he told me about his passion for organizing charity events.

I had no idea he created them, let alone that he enjoyed it.

"Tell me more about them," I urged, my attention piqued.

"Basically, a bunch of snobby rich people donate money to this party I throw every year. We bribe them with vacations or new cars and stuff like that." With a roll of his eyes, he told me.

I gave him a gentle nudge and laughed. "When is the next party? I want to come."

Enrico's eyes swelled to the point of bulging out of his sockets.

"I was planning on asking you whether you wanted to come at the end of our date tonight. But I was apprehensive because my parents would be there." He cleared his throat.

He avoided eye contact as he uttered, "They want to meet you."

I smiled at this, putting two and two together that he must've mentioned me to his parents.

"I'd love to go and meet your parents. Just let me know when, okay?" I reassured him.

Enrico let out a sigh of relief and asked me how work was going. This caused me to shrug my shoulders. He tilted his head to the side, indicating for me to elaborate.

"Well, I have a new work friend, his name is Sol." Enrico tensed at the fact that my friend is a boy.

"I actually went to school with him, but that's a story for another day. Anyways, he's a bit flirtatious, but other than that work is good. I simply wanted to let you know because I'm really committed to us pursuing what we have." I finished.

He nodded his head and leaned in to kiss my forehead. "I believe you, preziosa. Thanks for telling me his name so I could track him down."

"There's no need for that, Enrico; you know I only want you." I told him, rolling my eyes.