ᴄʜᴀʀɪᴛʏ

When I opened the door, I was greeted by Enrico. Enrico was dressed entirely in black, with the exception of his green vest and tie.

He matched my outfit well. As I watched him scrutinize my gown, I smiled and looked down.

Rico took in a big breath and moved closer to me. He placed two fingers under my chin and lifted it up, establishing eye contact with me.

Enrico smiled as he continued, "You look beautiful."

I blushed and smiled widely at the compliment. Enrico grinned and leaned forward to kiss each cheek.

"You're so precious, my precious girl." He continued, causing me to blush even more.

I leaned forward softly and kissed his lips quickly. "Thank you, Enrico; you do too."

As I pushed away from Enrico's soft touch and stepped back into my flat, his eyes widened in surprise. I needed to grab my purse and phone and express my gratitude to both of the girls for their help.

Rico followed close after, perhaps wondering what I was up to. For the time being, I ignored him and returned to the kitchen. Darcy stood stiffly, while Adira sat comfortably in one of the kitchen chairs.

When they heard my heels, they both turned around. I smiled at them both and cleared my throat.

I told them, "Thank you girls for helping me today; it meant a lot."

Adira sprung from her seat and sprinted towards me, gently enveloping me in a hug to avoid damaging my dress. Her excitement made me smile.

"It was no trouble at all, dear! Phone me whenever you need assistance; I'll provide it for free, or just call me to hang out." She exclaimed, "I left my number on your counter," pointing to a small piece of paper on the kitchen counter.

I smiled and hugged her again, promising to call her soon. She then packed up her belongings and left my apartment, saying her goodbyes to Enrico.

I swallowed my saliva as I looked at Darcy, who seemed to be gazing at Enrico. Her gaze returned to me as she gave me a phony smile.

"Thank you for your help, Darcy." I told her. I'd thank her even if she wasn't the best of help today and kept staring at my man. I was still polite.

Wait, 'my man'?

Technically, he was my man, so I didn't even bother to sweat at the thought. He was as much mine as I was his.

Darcy returned her eyes to Enrico with a nod. As she stared at him up and down, my frustration began to rise.

He was her boss, for crying out loud! When it came to her, professionalism seemed to fly out the window.

Enrico took my hand in his as he seemed to notice my annoyance. He gently spun me around and pulled me closer to him. Rico put his hands on my hips before bending down and kissing me passionately on the lips.

The kiss was lengthy and sweet, and it quickly made me forget why I was so upset in the first place. As we pulled back, I exhaled, a little flustered.

"I have to show off my girl, so if you could hurry up and get going so we can leave, that would be great." Enrico casually stated.

Normally, I would have scolded him, but she deserved it. I was certain she was aware that I was his date. Even if she didn't know, a little respect wouldn't go amiss, would it?

Darcy swallowed hard, her cheeks burning with embarrassment. "Oh, yeah."

She gathered what she had brought, which wasn't much, and walked over to my door. Before leaving, she gave me one last look.