ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ

Enrico's POV

I was in Paris with Valentina, the woman whom I would make my girlfriend tonight. I'm not sure what I did in my life to earn this or her, but I wasn't going to question it.

Finally something good in my life happened, why the hell would I jinx it?

For some reason, I had a great feeling about tonight. Don't get me wrong: I'm still nervous, but something told me not to be, that everything would be just fine tonight.

My plans for tonight were quite simple.

Valentina and I would be having dinner at the Eiffel Tower. Then, because why not, we'd dance. At this point, photographs would start to be taken.

Then, during the dance, I'd ask her to be my girlfriend while capturing her reactions. I could only hope that they were good ones.

I put my worry aside and led Valentina to the car we'd be driving to the Eiffel Tower in. I wouldn't be driving because I don't know the streets very well. Instead, the driver would.

I was relieved that the driver remained in the driver's seat so that I could open the door for Valentina, which I did. I watched as Valentina sat down with a big smile on her face.

By the end of the night, that smile would be the widest it's ever been.

With a smile of my own, I walked towards the opposite side and climbed into the car. I buckled up after seeing Valentina do so. Then, because I was a clingy person, I wanted to touch her. I felt compelled to touch her.

I took her hand in mine and squeezed it before placing it on my lap. She gave me another of her gorgeous smiles as she peered down at the action.

Fuck, I'm so whipped.

I could feel my anxiety starting to increase as we got closer to the Tower. I began playing with Valentina's hand. I would trace over every crevice of her hand.

Even the simplest details, such as her hand, were beautiful. The way she took care of her nails, making sure they were clipped and neat. Her hands were always soft, and I assumed she lotioned them every day. I smiled at the way she always wore rings.

I brought her hand up to my mouth and gave her hands a few pecks. I turned to make eye contact and watched as she blushed slightly before turning her gaze to the window. I laughed and looked out the window, realizing that we were almost there.

After a few more minutes of driving, we arrived at the Eiffel Tower. When the driver parked the car, I got out and ran over to Valentina's side. I opened her door and helped her get out.

Valentina adjusted her gown before reaching for her purse and phone. She grabbed my hand as she slipped her phone into her purse and closed it. I eagerly took her hand and squeezed it.

We then walked to the tower's entrance, where we walked onto the stairs before boarding the elevator. Valentina wanted to protest about us just roaming freely while others had to wait, but I gave her a look that told her not to worry about it.

When we reached the top level, I walked out and gently guided Valentina to our dinner reservation. She was too preoccupied with the view and scenery around her to notice that a table was waiting for us.

As I touched her, I brought her out of her gaping daze and led her to her chair, pulling it out so she could sit down. She stared up at me, her eyes twinkling throughout the evening, almost as bright as the lights around us.

"Thank you, Enrico. I—" She paused and motioned her hands in the air, speechless.

I bent down to reach her forehead, giving her two delicate kisses. "Please don't thank me; just do me a favor and have a good time tonight, hm?"