ᴘʟᴀɴ

Enrico's POV

After Valentina told me that her birthday was coming up in a few weeks, my mind began to race. I wanted her birthday to be one of the most special and unforgettable moments in her life.

No matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't do it alone. I needed help, and I knew exactly who to turn to.

Luca.

Luca has known Valentina for a lot longer than I have, so he'll be able to help me in planning things to her satisfaction.

This works in my favor because not only will Valentina like it, but she will hopefully love the fact that I was the one behind it, with Luca's help, of course.

My last conversation with my preziosa was about two days ago. I planned on calling her later today, so she knows that I haven't forgotten about her.

But for the time being, I wanted to meet up with Luca to discuss our plans.

Yes, her birthday is still two weeks away, but I wanted it to be flawless and well-planned out.

As for how I got Lucas number, I may have did some digging. As a result of my digging, I found out his phone number.

When I texted Luca and asked if we could meet up, he wasn't even bothered by it. Probably because he knows I have connections, or maybe he thought Valentina gave it to me.

Regardless of what he believed, I just needed to speak with him, so that's precisely what I'm doing.

I'm currently seated in a cafe where we were supposed to meet. I was a few minutes early, but Luca became late as time went on.

If this hadn't been so important, I would have left and rescheduled, but I put my pride aside. I took out my phone and reread the text.

Luca said that he would be here at 2:30 p.m. It was now 2:45 p.m.

I shrugged my shoulders and went back to my phone to get some work done. Because my phone was linked to my work email, it was easy for me to work on my phone.

When it hit 3 p.m., I finished answering my emails. As I was about to dial Luca's number, he jumped into the seat in front of me, earning a few stares.

Speaking of the devil.

Luca gave me a wide smile, which he seemed to have on all the time. I sipped my coffee and gave him a half-smile.

I cleared my throat and added, "It's about time you showed up."

Luca laughed and flung his head back. "I'm only thirty minutes late. Both you and Valentina are impatient."

My eyes widened, as I gave him a blank expression.

'Only thirty minutes late?' Was he joking, or what?

I snorted and coughed to hide my true feelings about this situation. Luca cocked his head but remained silent. This prompted me to fill in the silence.

"Do you know why I called you to arrange a meeting?" I asked, knowing that I hadn't told him, but assuming that he was aware.

He shook his head and politely called over a waitress, asking for a glass of water and a cinnamon muffin. He returned my stare once the waitress had left.