ʜɪᴄᴋɪᴇꜱ

Valentina's POV

Forehead kisses woke me out of my slumber.

I hummed and smiled without opening my eyes, relishing Rico's lips on me even if they weren't on my lips.

Enrico chuckled as he tightened his grip on my waist. When I still didn't open my eyes, he stopped kissing my forehead and started tickling me.

Enrico's deep voice echoed throughout the room, sending shivers down my spine. "Open those pretty eyes of yours, I want to see them."

I listened to him and opened my eyes. As a result of obeying his orders, he gave me another forehead kiss. I let out a satisfied sigh.

"Good morning, Rico." I murmured, my voice scratchy. Given that I had only recently awoken, I shrugged it aside.

He drew me in closer and placed me on top of his chest. "Good morning, preziosa."

For some reason, I blushed when I heard his name for me. The name only served to remind me of his pricey jewelry that he had given me.

Nothing was said after that, and the room fell silent. Because my head was on his chest, I could hear his heartbeat. It was a little faster than usual.

"Your heart is racing," I told him as I rubbed his chest in a calming manner.

He sucked in a deep breath. "That's because you make me nervous." My eyes widened as I stopped my movements on his chest.

I make him nervous? No, he makes me nervous.

"I make you nervous?" I questioned earnestly.

He hums, causing me to feel the vibrations from his chest. I looked up so that I could see him and make eye contact with him, which we established.

"Whenever I'm with you, I can't seem to keep my emotions in check. Your touches drive me insane; they make me nervous and sweat like I'm a high school boy." He explained, letting out a laugh.

My cheeks flamed as I smiled at him. I was a little jittery after hearing his confession. It was no surprise that Enrico liked me, he'd said it before.

He ran his fingers through my hair, moving a few strands away from my face.

"Go on a date with me?" He asked, well, more like demanded.

I raised my eyebrows playfully. "Are you asking or telling me? "

He rolled his eyes. "Valentina Morales, please go on a date with me."

"Okay." I said, cheesing like a madman.

"Okay?" He repeated, tilting his head to the side.

"Yes, I'll go on a date with you," I told him, blushing a bit.

He smiled and leaned forward a bit to kiss my forehead. As he pulled back, I laid there admiring him. His eyes were so beautiful.

"Tus ojos son tan hermosos," I said, still transfixed by his eyes.

"Thank you, preziosa. You sound beautiful in your native tongue." Rico urged me, "Do it more." This led me to believe that he understood Spanish.

"You know Spanish?" I asked with a curious glint in my eyes.

He nodded his head, causing me to raise my eyebrows. I remembered back to the first time I came here when Luca and I were on the phone.

He had known what I said before hanging up. I was just thankful he didn't bring it up.

"Let's make a deal. If you speak Italian more, I'll speak Spanish more. I'm still learning Italian, so I won't understand everything you say." I told him.