I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 30

• Dedicated to to all of those who patiently waited for this chapter!

Thanks for the 100000+ reads! :D Thanks for the patient waiting. :]

* * *

30

               Making up with Nate did not stop me from breaking my newly formed habit of going to school very early on Monday.

                He sent me a text last night if I would let him join me for lunch today. I agreed. There’s not much to choose from. I decided to be civil with him anyway.

                I went to sit by the front stairs and enjoyed a moment of solitude. I’ve learned and got used to being alone now. Well, it’s easy, if it’s the only choice you have left anyway.

                There’s not a single soul at school, well except for me and the two people who were getting out of that familiar glossy car in front of the gates.

                Since it’s a bit quiet due to the absence of chattering students, I slightly heard them.

                “Hurry up then, Chris. It wasn’t my fault you forgot you’re homework last night and you need to procrastinate this morning.”

                A boy with dark hair was putting on a backpack and fixing his tousled uniform. Then the taller guy, probably his brother, turned around to see him off.

                 I smiled. I knew that guy.

                “Erik Carter!”

                Erik looked around and saw me. He beamed at me, which I can’t help but return.

                He and his little brother went towards me and joined me by the stairs.

                “Lovely seeing you here first thing in the morning!” he said.

                “Well, I’m an earlybird.” I told him. We both laughed.

                “Oh. This is Christoffer, my little brother.” He told me.

                Chris smiled shyly at me and held out his hand. I shook it and introduced myself.

                Well, Chris is like a miniature Erik. Handsome yet you can still see the childish features. He’s just a freshman highschool after all.

                “I’m gonna go first, Erik, Athena. I need to finish my essay.” He told us and he ran off inside the hall.

                We watched him go as Erik said, “Well, he’s usually a good student but he fell asleep last night.”

                “Understandable.” I commented. He gave me a rare smirk.

                “So, I’m really looking forward to my party’s guest of honor this Saturday night.” He chirped, giving me this one big smile I can’t resist returning.

                “I’d be honored to attend.” I said solemnly, giving him a curtsy.

                We both laughed. Then he suddenly said he’d better go because he needs to get some coffee before attending a class.

                I went to my classroom and listened to some random song in my antique iPod. I closed my eyes for a while. I’ve been so used to being alone, really. The thought saddens me.