I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 34

• Dedicated to ALL OF YOU

Hello to my beloved readers! I've read your messages and comments and I thank you all so much for sticking with this story no matter how long it takes me to update it. Thanks for being loyal readers :') So here's another chapter guys. Thanks for patiently waiting.

 Comment something, okay? I love reading your thoughts. :)

* * *

Nate Van Warner POV

                I messed up again. Big time.

                I watched her get inside the cab and watched the cab drove away from me. Damn. Why does everything have to be complicated? We just got our real relationship started and now I messed it up again.

                They label me as a player but truth is, I don’t know women at all. Or maybe one particular woman.

                She has always been my only exception.

                I went back inside. I felt like a zombie as I told what happened to Chloe and Dan. I didn’t even absorb all the suggestions and words of encouragement they told me. Everything was an insignificant buzz in the background. I took Maddie home and it was a miracle I was able to drive safely.

                “I’m sorry.” She said.

                “Why?” I asked flatly.

                “Because I asked you to do this.”

                I didn’t respond. I was too damn miserable to.

                “I’ll always wait for you, Nate. No matter what happens to you two, I’ll wait for you. You can come back to me anytime.” She said.

                Then, she kissed my cheek and left the car.

                I didn’t even blink an eye as I wiped my cheek.

                I drove towards Park Slope and parked my car in front of the Vanderbilt’s apartment. She was probably home by now, either asleep or using her remaining energy hating me. I stared at my phone, debating whether to call or not to call her to come down.

                In the end, I decided to call her. It took three rings before she answered.

                “Nate?” she asked. Her voice was husky, as if I’ve woken her up.

                “Err… hi?” I said. Damn. Only this girl can make me speechless and tongue tied even if she’s not in front of me.

                “Um… hi too?” she said.

                “I’m sorry, warden. I’m so sorry for everything. I’m sorry I ditched our lunch plans. I’m sorry I didn’t call or text. I’m sorry I spent the whole day without you. I’m sorry I was a jerk. I’m sorry I hurt you. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” I said.

                I heard her sigh over the phone. “It’s cool, Nate. I just need some rest. It’s been a long day. Just sleep first, okay? We’ll talk later. Night.”

                Her voice still sounded distant. She says she’s all cool about it but deep inside, she wasn’t. I knew her well enough to know something’s off right now.