I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 4

"Aren't you letting me in?" Charles Van Warner said after giving me one smile.

He has hawkish stern features and the typical body structure and posture of the wealthy. Still, he had the same blue piercing eyes of his son.

"Oh yes. Of course, sir. Come in." I suddenly realized as I gesture him inside to the small living room.

He looked around our home. A small apartment, needless to say: two bedrooms, one bathroom, a small kitchen and a small living room and a dining area.

Finally, he sat down on our old worn used-to-be-white couch.

I sat across him, on an old wooden chair, still flabbergasted.

"May I ask what do you want, sir?" I asked politely.

You see, what's happening right now is something bizarre. He couldn't have possibly know me and why the hell did he come to my home? What does he want? Don't tell me it's something about the humiliation I did to his son? Oh my gosh! Is he going to punish me for that? I mean, his son was put into humiliation! Geez. What is he planning to do? Will he tear the house down? Will he make me leave this apartment and let me stray somewhere? Oh God. Will he let me drop out from school and transfer to some other school? Oh my... I really did create some trouble for myself. What am I going to do? How would I tell mom now?!

"Miss Athena?" he cleared his throat and I was instantly brought back to the present but my heart started beating faster than usual.

"Uh, yes?" I muttered. What is he playing at?

"Your name's really beautiful. Athena. The Greek goddess of wisdom, warfare, arts and skill." He murmured.

I almost rolled my eyes but instead answered, "True."

People often comment when I'd tell them my name. Mother's family has a long descent of goddess names or any name in mythology. Like her name for example, Hera -the goddess of marriage. My sister: Eirene, the goddess of peace; Iris, the rainbow goddess. My mom's mother was named Apolline. So you get the idea.

"You mother named you well." He said kindly as he gestured to the pile of books on my desk.

"You know my mom?" I asked, quite surprise that he knew my mom. But anyway, mom used to be rich. They must've met.

"Hera White, isn't it? She is a great woman." He murmured, his voice turning low, like he remembered something.

Oh. So he really knew him. But that doesn't answer the question why is he here.

"Perhaps you're wondering why am I here?" he finally asked as he relaxed on his seat.

"Uh, I guess."

"I heard about...incident you had with my son when he gave you a visit in your classroom."

Shoot. I'm screwed. He really came here to punish me.

I swallowed a lump on my throat, "Um...sir, actually, I. Um. You see...your son..."

I stuttered, feeling a hell of nervousness. How am I supposed to defend myself to this person?!

He started to laugh a bit, "Nah. Don't worry about it. I was quite amazed for your daring nerve."

I blinked twice, trying to comprehend. WHAT? He was actually amused?!

"Uh. I don't get it, sir." I admitted, my eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Miss Athena, I have something to ask of you." He said in a quiet voice. He closed his eyes for a second and at that moment, he seemed to be an old kind man. Well I think the kind part is true enough though.

"Y-yes?" I stammered.

"Will you help me with my son, Nate?" he asked with that pleading look. Wow. This is saying something. He did not seem to be the high and mighty prideful man the world knows. He just seems to be a generous old man asking a favor.

"Help you...? Uh. Sure. How?"

After I've said it when I felt a twinge of regret. What on earth could that help be? How the hell could I help him with Nate? And Nate, for crying out loud, is my enemy right now! Seriously. I forgot the old saying 'look before you leap'.

"Are you sure?" his eyes piecing mine.

With the intensity of his stare, all I could do was nod. A stupid decision, really.

"Perfect! Don't worry about it, Miss Athena." He said nonchalantly.

"Um. How exactly do you want me to help?" I asked nervously as I fidgeted on my seat.

"That's simple. Be his official girlfriend and tame that wild beast of him!" he stated.

I blinked thrice, absorbing what he just said.

"You're joking, right?" I muttered.

"No. I know this is so immediate. But could you consider it? Just treat it like a job. I'll give you five hundred thousand dollars a month until you helped him. Just think of it as helping me, your mother's friend."

"Sorry, no. You son is really unbearable." I admitted, feeling the world is turning upside-down. Things are getting out of hand.

He sighed, "Miss Athena, I know that. I know every move my son makes. All he does is party all night in VIP clubs, gets in trouble at school, gets a girlfriend every two weeks. And speaking of that, he doesn't even know how to treat girls properly! His lifestyle is a trash. But he's going to be my heir and I need him to change or else everything will crash down. Help me, I beg you."

I hesitated. This means something huge to him. For a man so wealthy and high to beg to me like this is saying something. Athena, think. What's the harm anyway? He's right. Just think of it as helping him. Besides, he'll pay for that and mom and Eirene will be back from Connecticut. We can pay Dad's bills so we'll be allowed to see him in the hospital. I can already pay my tuition and nobody will call me the 'scholarship student' anymore. This is so much compare to what you'll do: Be his girlfriend and tame him. But can I do it?

"Sir, what if I can't do it?" I asked.

He gave me a cocky smile, "You can, I'm sure of that."

And I didn't dare ask again. Should I agree? How should I tell mom then?

Wait up. Becoming that jerk's girlfriend won't count on my record right. I never had a boyfriend so he won't count.

Mr. Van Warner was scrutinizing me quietly.

I swallowed and with all the guts I have, I said, "Count me in."