I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 21

Hiya guys!!! I finally had some time to look into this story. It's been months and I forgot the sequence of the events already so I did my best. 

this is just a very short chapter.

anyway, enough of my blabbing. Here it is. Thanks for the continuous support!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Nate Van Warner POV

"Very well said, sweetheart." Athena said in that sick sweetly voice I dislike so much. she caressed my face in a way that send tingles down my spine.

I know she's just forced to do this. That she did not want any of this. I know how much I annoy her. she threw me a look that confirmed what I am thinking. A look that says I-am-not-liking-this-crap.

"Oh my gosh Nathaniel! i'm only out for a few years and you have to replace me with this..." Maddie trailed as she scrutinized Athena from head to toe, as if she was eyeing some piece of garbage, "...paygirl?!"

PAYGIRL?

I felt Athena stiffened beside me. I glanced briefly at her but I saw no sign of tension on her face. Did I just imagine that?

Wait... Paygirl. She called ym warden a paygirl. I want to say something! To defend her and tell MAddie that is not true but somehow... i just can't open my mouth. 

How pathetic I am.

I saw Athena glanced briefly at me and we look into each other's eyes for a few seconds. She was like... waiting for somehting. then she looked away with clear disappointment on her face.

"Excuse me miss?" Athena said in a voice higher than her normal, "PAYGIRL?"

"I'm not talking to you!" Maddie bellowed as she shook my shoulders, demanding an explanation.

I sighed and look at Maddie in the eyes. And I regretted it because all the memories flooded my mind...

MAdeleine Wilhern ismy first real girlfriend. The first girl I ever took seriously.

But she was also the first girl who took me for granted and broke my heart by going to London without saying a word. And rumors has it, without 'officially' breaking p with me, she had been dating guys over there.

she's the one who ended it between us. Why does she have to return now? Now that I'm perfectly happy in the company of one girl I barely know.

"Nathaniel." I heard Athena says.

I know she is perfectly confused on what is happening right now since she doesn't have an idea about who is Maddie in my life.

"Oh shut up, dammit." Maddie told her.

Alex kept quiet though. And I really don't know what to say...

or what to do...

or what to think... 

Maddie is here for good. Or is it for bad? Should I be happy or angry or just nothing? What about Athena?!

I heard two girls' voices fighting inf ront of me. I sighed. I know what to do.

And forgive me... Athena