I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 12

(Author's note: Hi there! Sorry if I hadn't been updating much like the usual. I'll be updating probably twice a week in the coming months. School's getting hectic. I hope you'll like this chapter. Comment or vote if you like this. :] )

-Athena Vanderbilt POV-

                He bit his lip worriedly.

                Don’t tell me he doesn’t know how to cook!?

                He went to our humble kitchen and searched the cabinets.

                “You’ll find noodles and tomato sauce and inside the cabinet on the left and some meat in the fridge. Just cook some spaghetti.” I called out to him, afraid that he may cook something inedible.

                He gave me an assuring thumbs-up then he tied the apron around his waist and started to work.

                Wow. He still looks dashing with that apron on. Well, he’s a popular handsome anyway. Okay. What crap am I thinking? I shook the thoughts away.

                I sighed. My thoughts flew back to Chloe again. What the hell am I supposed to do now? Maybe I should try texting her tomorrow? Or should I meet her again in person?

                Okay. I’ll just ask her to meet me. That’s it. I’ll explain to her. There’s nothing to worry about. Right.

                “Athena, don’t worry so much when you’ve done nothing wrong.”

                I looked up to see Nate smiling encouragingly at me from the kitchen counter.

                “I’ve done something wrong, okay?” I said to him.

                “No you haven’t. She hasn’t listened to you and you’ve actually done something to let her know.”

                “No. I’ve got time to tell her but I didn’t.” I defended.

                “Okay, if you say so. Let’s just say you’re both at fault for this. You didn’t tell her earlier and she didn’t listen to you explain. So don’t feel so much bothered. It’ll work out.”

                I pursed my lips into a tight smile, “Okay.”

                I can’t actually believe Nate Van Warner will be the one comforting me at times like this. I never expected any of this.

                Even the scene of the famous New York prince cooking in my kitchen seemed so out of place.

-Nate Van Warner POV-

                I just did what seemed normal. You need to boil the noodles, right?

                Then I worked on the sauce and grinded meat and other things I barely know but I found under the cabinet.

                It nearly took me half an hour and I had two servings with cheese on top.

                Athena stood up and walked towards the tiny dining area by the kitchen.

                She put her hands on her hips and scrutinized closely my cooking. She sniffed a bit and nodded approvingly. The scene looks like she’s my culinary teacher and I’m her student.