I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 16

(Author's note: Hello! SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING FOR WEEKS. I hope you'll like this chapter. Thanks for reading. you really don't know how much you cheer me up. :D  )

-Athena Vanderbilt POV-

                Nate ran swiftly towards the huge double-door refrigerator and I instinctively held the cake in my hands. Is this going to be a food fight? If it is going to be one, then why do I have a feeling I’m gonna lose?

                Food is important and valuable. It shouldn’t be thrown around like garbage. Millions of people out there have nothing to eat and here I am, engaging in a food fight. Besides, it’s never right to play with food. I shook  my head. No. I won’t tolerate his childishness. This is wrong. My mother taught me well not to play with food.

                “Warden!”

                Then suddenly, I felt a cool feeling on my dress and a familiar sour smell that is best served with French fries.

                I looked down on my thin white shirt only to see a huge splatter of bright red tomato catsup. Nate was chuckling in front of me, a big plastic bottle at hand.

                “Athena, you should be more alert during a war. Your namesake is the goddess of warfare.” He muttered, holding his stomach and probably aching from laughing so much.

                “Shut up.” I muttered as I laid the cake and wiped my shirt with the tissue paper on the table.

                “Ooh. You mad?” he said. I wasn’t looking at him but I could tell from his tone that he’s enjoying this so much.

                “I’m not fighting with food.” I stated in a firm voice, noticing the overwhelming smell of catsup.

                “Okay. That’s too bad though.” He said in bogus remorse as he got out a big Tupperware from the fridge.

                “This is soiled already so don’t worry.” He reminded me as he opened it and a big chunk of lasagna was flying towards me. I didn’t have time to dodge away so it ended up on my face and neck. Ugh! Gross!

                “Still not going to fight me?” Nate teased as he smiled cruelly at me over the counter.

                I charged towards him and pretended to slipped on the marble floor.

                “Ouch!” I cried. I was only planning to trip but I did trip and now my butt hurts. Ugh.

                I saw him rushed towards me, the Tupperware at hand.

                “Are you okay?” he said immediately as he knelt down and looked at me.

                I noticed him put down his defenses as he put aside the Tupperware.

                “I’m fine.” I said meekly as I quickly grabbed the Tupperware and threw it at his gorgeous face.

                Even with my butt hurting, I  was able to get up and ran away.

                Now, his face has cake icing and lasagna. Cool of me.

                “Rich boy, the goddess of warfare and battle strategy maybe only my namesake but at least I’ve proven myself worthy of the name Athena.” I teased him, hiding behind the kitchen counter he was hiding in earlier.