I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 13

(Author's note: Sorry for the short chapter. I promise I'll get better so keep reading! I think the next chapter after this will be better. School's getting hectic. It's over 2am here. Lots to do. I hope you like it. And if you do, please comment or vote. :] THANKS! )

-Nate Van Warner POV-

                If she wasn’t so devastated and heartbroken and depressed at this time, I won’t definitely do it. Me. Nate Van Warner was asked to do dishes. What the hell. I’ve never done this before. How the hell are you supposed to wash the dishes? Put it under the faucet?

                Calm down, Nate. She’s a girl She’s your warden. Okay. Just do it and get it over with.

                “What’s wrong, dear? Don’t you want to be my dishwasher for tonight?” Athena cooed in her baby-like sickly voice. God, it’s terrifying when it comes from her.

                I pursed my lips to a tight smile as I picked one plate up and put it under the gushing faucet.

                I was about to put back in the cabinet when she told me to stop.

                “Seriously rich boy, didn’t you do any single chore in your life?” she muttered, shaking her head in disbelief as she picked the sponge on the right side and poured some dishwashing soap on it.

                “You know, this is common sense.” She added as she gave me the sponge.

                I rolled my eyes, “I told you. I’m not common.”

                I rubbed the sponge against the plates and forks and all the utensils I used. I  was under her careful supervision so I did my job dutifully. It’s just once anyway. What’s the harm? But really, I feel like banging my head to the wall to see if I’m actually washing the dishes.

                With a loud sigh, I turned off the faucet and took off the apron I’ve been wearing for an hour.

                Athena was already sitting on the couch, watching a talk show from the small television, her feet on the small coffee table.

                I sat beside her and she didn’t even mind. We both watched in silence.

                I’m not really watching. I was thinking that what happened tonight was something surreal.  Something I used to think impossible. I’ve never cooked for my girlfriends before. I’d never go to their houses only to hang-out and watch TV together. If I’ll have to go their rich penthouses at all, all we’ll do is make-out and nothing more. Or probably a lot of times, I’ll be their escorts to some society gala and parties. I’ve never even comforted a girl before. I also never exerted effort just to make a girl smile. I thought that was just it. Gee. What am I thinking?! There’s no way I’ll fall for her! She’ll never fall for me anyway. I’m probably the person she least like.

                Suddenly, I felt Athena’s head rested on my shoulder.

                I turned to look at her, quite surprised she did that.

                But her eyes were closed. She’s already asleep. She’s never been so close like this before. I could hear her peaceful breathing and I could see her peaceful pretty face.

                If someone from the outside sees us in this position, Athena’s head on my shoulder and me holding her right hand in a cool Saturday night, that someone would think how normal and sweet we are as a couple. Isn’t that a pretty picture?