I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 31

Author's note: Hi, I know it's been 3 months. Please keep supporting this. Thanks so much!

Please watch out for another story of mine. Soon to be posted!

***

Athena Vanderbilt POV                 

                 “Chloe?!” I gasped, making Nate stand up. He immediately rushed to my side.

                Chloe blinked at me. She seemed very lethargic, like she’s out of her mind yet. After a few seconds, she weakly squeezed my hand.

                “Chloe…” I murmured, tears forming in my eyes. She’s awake! She’s going to be fine! Thank God!

                She smiled weakly, still holding my hand which I squeezed back.

                It felt like nothing ever happened. Like we never even fought. Like nothing has changed between us.

                “It’s going to be okay, Chloe. I’m here, okay?” I assured her, smiling at her like there’s no tomorrow. She nodded. She can’t talk since there is a tube in her mouth. Then her eyes fell to the person behind me. I froze.

                Then that horrible memory in the Bethesda terrace came back. When we fought because of him. I carefully scrutinized her reaction. It remained neutral, very unreadable.

                “Hey there, Chloe. Get well, okay? Athena will be here for you.” Nate said.

                Chloe blinked once more and nodded.

                “I’m going to call the doctor. Wait for me.” Nate said.

                “Your parents are overseas but they know already, so no worries, okay. I’m sure they’ll be going home to see you now.” I said.

                Then her eyes started to water. Oh no. Have I said something wrong? What happened exactly?

                “Oh, Chloe… What happened?” I asked her, rubbing her arm.

                She just shook her head and looked away from me.

                It was a few moments of silence until Nate and the doctor and two nurses arrived. They all assessed Chloe and talked to her a bit.

                Then they all assured me she’s stable for now and everything and that she need to undergo a few days of monitoring and tests to be sure there’s no internal bleeding, concussion and fractures that happened. They were all looking for an adult who can sign as Chloe’s guardian but I told them her parents were away. I know that Chloe has no relatives in New York. Her Grandparents and her closest aunts and uncles and cousins were all now in Europe or somewhere. I told the doctor this and he told me to ask the headmistress of our school is she can fill in. I agreed. And then she left. Dan finally arrived, plastic bags at hand. He was frozen as he stood on the doorway.

                He was looking at Chloe and Chloe looked at him back. Chloe looked at me inquiringly.

                I swallowed and looked at Nate. Nate, in turn, nodded encouragingly to his cousin. Dan stepped forward and went towards Chloe. Nate pulled me back and he led me to sit on the couch.