I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 10

(author's note: sorry for the short chapter. please comment and vote if you like it.)

-Athena Vanderbilt POV-

Gee. I was definitely right when I thought Alex is a kind person. And I can't help but smile at his thoughtfulness, despite of what happened earlier with Chloe.

*flashback*

"Athena?" it was Alex' voice.

Oh gosh! I quickly turned my back to him and wiped my tears fiercely. And I was calming myself for crying nonstop for an hour.

"Is that you, Athena?" he said again as I heard him walk closer to my hiding place.

I swallowed and he was suddenly in front of me and crouched down.

I covered my red eyes but I was still breathing heavily. Gee. I wish he won't notice.

He gently moved my right hand covering my eyes and looked at me with...concern?

"Why are you crying?" he asked quietly as he released my hand.

"Uh, no. I'm not. I was actually taking a nap." I lied. It was the best my brain thought for that moment.

"No you're not. You are crying ang hiding in this place." He said.

Why does he care? I'm just random person he met this evening, just another schoolmate.

"No, it's really nothing." I lied again and I remember the words Chloe said to me and I can't help but let my tears flow again. It was the first time, apart from Chloe, that someone actually cared to ask me small matters like this.

"Tell me about it, Athena. I'm your friend." He said assuringly as he gave me a warm smile.

And helplessly, I told him every detail of the fight I had with Chloe.

"Just talk to her tomorrow. Today might be a little tense but give her some time to calm down. You'll be fine." He said encouragingly as he gave me a tap on the shoulder.

How nice of him.

"Really? You think that'll work?" I asked, doubting.

"Maybe. Maybe not. There's no harm in trying."

I slumped my shoulders and hugged my knees tighter.

"It will be okay." He said as he gave me a one-arm hug.

*end of flashback*