I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 26

Author's note: I can't believe I've written 26 chapters already when I'm a very lame uploader. Well... I hope you enjoy. xx

HEY, DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE ACTORS/ACTRESSES FOR THIS STORY, ESPECIALLY FOR NATE AND ATHENA? I'M THINKING THEY ALREADY OUTGREW THEIR CHARACTERS. I WANNA HEAR YOUR OPINION. THANK YOU!

_________________________________________________________

Athena Vanderbilt POV

                “I’m home!” I called out as I reached the door to our apartment.

                I saw mom coming out of the kitchen, holding out a plate of chocolate chip cookies. She gestured for me to come to the sitting room so I followed.

                She laid the plate on the coffee table and sat on the couch.  I followed her lead.

                “I said before you left that I want to talk.” She began.

                I watched her face. It wasn’t even stern so I gradually relaxed.

                I picked a cookie and started nibbling it, “Yeah, mom. Go ahead.”

                “Do you like the boy, honey?”

                I stopped eating and looked up at my mom who was looking back at me with firm eyes.

                Her question is very sudden and very straightforward.

                Her question is the one I’ve been avoiding answering for the past few hours.

                “I…uh… no, mom. I don’t.”I said.

                And I don’t even know if I’m lying or not.

                Mom stared at me for a few seconds before saying, “Okay. You said you don’t.”

                Her unreadable expression made it hard to tell if she knew if I’m lying or not. Or maybe she can’t figure it out like me. SO before she could even ask another awkward question, I spoke.

                “Mom, why did you return two weeks early?” I asked, nibbling on another cookie.

                She seemed to tense a bit with my question and I don’t know why.