I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 33

Hi there. :)

* * * 

 Nate Van Warner POV

                When I woke up at five in the morning, I did not expect it to be heavenly.

                It was still dim inside the room but I can feel her quiet breathing on my bare chest, her whole body snuggled against mine as I wrapped my arms around her.

                Have we moved at all? This was how I remember falling asleep. Oh well.

                I could seriously get used to waking up like this…

                I smiled and kissed her forehead. My mind started to replay last night’s events.

                We finally confessed to each other. I am very grateful to the heavens she felt the same way about me. I mean, I know she does, but what if her schizophrenic side who is very much annoyed at me got the best of her and pushed me away for good? And seriously speaking, that side of hers appear too much for my liking.

                That was one thing I realized about her. She was too afraid to give her heart to someone. Too afraid to love. Or maybe, too afraid to get heartbroken…

                I shook my head. Never mind that now. We are a real couple now. And swear to God, I won’t make her cry again…

                Damn. I can’t help but grin widely at the thought.

                I wonder what dad would say at this. He’s probably going to be ecstatic now I’m being the son he wants. And in the end, he got the ending he wanted from appointing Athena as my “girlfriend”.

                Alex would probably be smug. I can already picture him saying, “See? That’s what I’m trying to tell you.”

                Yeah right. Everybody knew but us.

                 All I need to do now is to not mess up this up.

                And hell, I’m much known for messing things up. Especially with girls.

                But then again, Athena Vanderbilt has always been an exception.

                My only exception to my every rule.

                But I need to take this slow with her. She hasn’t been in any real relationship before. She’s not exactly what you call ‘experienced’ when it comes to relationships.

                It was starting to lighten now. I can see her now. Her long eyelashes. Her full lips that I just kissed last night… Her cute upturned nose. God, she’s perfect…

                Athena started to stir. She opened her eyes slowly. She blinked at me slowly, as if she was trying to register my face into her still-sluggish brain.

                Then her eyes widened and struggled free.

                I laughed. “You can’t seriously resist me again, warden?”

                She just shook her head and started to struggle again. I loosened my arms around her and she started to run to the bathroom.