I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 23

Author's Note: Hiya! It's been months. Sorry I'm so lazy. 

Nate Van Warner POV

                I only need common sense to do what I have to do and run after her, ignoring Maddie’s protests.

                Oh crap. I shouldn’t have done that. Why didn’t I think that she’ll get mad at me for doing that? Haven’t I reminded myself enough that she’s a thousand ways different from all the girls I’ve met?

                I saw her running towards a bench and sat there. She was covering her face, apparently crying her heart out.

                I stopped on my tracks and stared at her for a minute. She seemed to be unaware that I was watching her.

                I started walking again and sat beside her, mentally preparing myself for the words that may come from her sharp tongue.

                “Hey.”

                Gee. I’m getting stupid. Why did I say ‘hey’? ‘I’m sorry’ is much appropriate.

                She removed her hands from her face and looked up at me, her brpwn eyes burning with anger.

                “You’re annoying, rich boy, you know that?! You think you’re everything just because you’ve got the looks and the money! You think you can do everything you want just because you’ve got a higher social status than mine! You think other people’s got no feelings! You think you are the only one who matters in this world! You never respected other people!”

                She paused for a second before continuing, “I thought that even just a little, you’ve changed for the better. But I was wrong! You’ll never change. Never. You’re hopeless.”

                She was now glaring at me with red puffy eyes.

                I kept quiet the whole time.

                Why is she so angry at me? I don’t get it, seriously. True that I might have gone overboard because I kissed him without permission when we are just fake-dating…but still…

                “Speechless, huh?” she muttered, looking away from me.

Just say it, Nate. Just say you’re sorry. I know she wants to hear it. But why can’t I say it?

                “It’s just a kiss. No big deal. No need to get this angry at me.”

                Okay. What on earth did I just say?

                She looked again at me, “It’s no big deal for you since you already had 127 girls! But it is for me since that was my first, you stupid brat!”

                I was taken aback by her answer. Once again, I did not answer her which is convenient since she stated two words that made me stood up in protest.

                “I quit.”

Athena Vanderbilt POV

                In this lifetime, I wouldn’t really know why I’d say this two words to him when I just realized that I was falling for his kindness all along.

                Maybe it’s because I really had enough of his inflated ego.

                Maybe I had enough of his brat attitude.

                Maybe because I think that he is a very hopeless case.

                Or maybe…just maybe…

                That I’m falling for him and I know it will never be possible between us.

                Oh no. Scratch the last. There’s no way I’m falling for that jerk!

    “I quit.”

                Nate stood up, looking at me with wide eyes.     

                “You can’t.”

                “Oh  yeah? I can, actually.” I muttered.

                He was silent for a moment as he sat again.

                “Don’t worry. I’ll pretend that we never met each other, agreed? It’s what we all want, isn’t it? Go back to our carefree life, especially now that you have your true love back. Everything will be as it used to be.” I said non-chalantly.

                But if truth to be told, why do I feel so sad?

                I have every reason to be happy now.

                I waited for Nate to say something… Like what, Athena?

                Am I waiting for him to stop me from leaving? Am I really stupid to believe that this Casanova beside me will do that? I must be out of my mind if I believed it even for one second.

                “Bye, Nate.” I said with finality, stood up, and ran and ran until I got inside a cab and drove away from the guy who kept me company for the loneliest days of my life.

What do you think? Will Athena leave Nate forever? Next chapter's soon!