I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 27

Hiya! How are you? I added a photo at the side part. Check it out. Don't  you just love them? They're my favorites!

Please, I'm really sorry if my story is slow but I just like making my story detailed lol. Anyway, for those who like it, thanks! :D

This chapter is shorter than my latest uploads who have 6 pages or somethin...

-UA

**To DangerousLight: thanks for supporting this story, really! :D

_______________________________________________________________

Nate Van Warner POV

                I held the bouquet of red roses tightly as she turned around, secretly anticipating for her reaction. Will she smile, or not?

                Her eyes suddenly fell to the flowers I was holding out to her. But she did not smile.  Her expression didn’t even soften. Instead, she frowned and then she looked up to me. Her used-to-be warm eyes turned cold for me as she met mine.

                “Athena, I’m really sorry. For the kiss. For being a jerk. For being everything.” I said with all the sincerity I have deep down. I put every feeling I have in the past two weeks in my eyes, hoping she will see through it.

                She just continued staring at my eyes, as if she’s figuring out if I’m being genuine or not. I noticed some black circles under her eyes. Isn’t she sleeping well?

                It’s a long moment before neither of us broke the awkward silence.

                “Why roses?” she asked, now looking at the roses I was still holding. She made no gesture that she’s going to take it.

                “Isn’t it the most beautiful flower in the world?” I replied, a bit confused on why on earth she is asking a question like this at a moment like this.

                “Oh really?”

                “Well, every girl loves them, even Maddie and Bliss do.” I said.

                Her expression changed for a second. It turned… somewhat mean and I know I’d said the wrong thing.

                Hell yes, I did! Damn, I’m stupid.

                “Oh right. You had a hundred girls before and all of them must had loved roses. Especially your precious little Maddie. Sorry I’m not like her. ” She said coldly before turning around to walk away.

                “Athena, wait!” I said, grabbing her arm.