19

⚠️swear words, scratches, hickeys, alcohol, pills⚠️

Birds chirped loudly which woke up the blonde, he noticed were he was sleeping. The blonde slept on the upstairs couch in front of the window, he didn't change his clothes. On the table was a half empty bottle of bourbon and he sat up. There was an ache in his head and he took the bourbon with him.

With bourbon in his hand he walked to his bathroom near the sink he sat down the bourbon. He started to take off his shirt and let it drop to the floor, his red fingertips touched his neck and saw a purple mark. Clay ignored it and grabbed some pills to cure his headache.

The blonde took notice of his back in the mirror and saw small red scratch marks, jeez day before last night was clearly something...

He put the pills in his mouth and grabbed the bourbon to swallow it down with, he sighed "Much better."

4 hours later...

The circus had never been so quiet, and they had 4 more weeks until their big performance. Most of them was talking about what happened to Clays mom...

Niki saw them all sitting down "Everyone stand up, I'm not allowing this."

"Why?" Tommy said "Tall boy and Nick quit."

"So, I have an idea about what we're gonna do this week" Niki said.

"Tomorrow was gonna be claimed the funeral of Clay Mom, there will be music, and the family will be walking around in memory of her, and the citizens are allowed to come and honor her by watching."

"And Clay may have quit but he is still our friend, so we're gonna support him through this rough time by being there."

"It's gonna be turning nighttime so later today I am gonna buy us some candles just in case, okay?" Niki said to them all.

"She's right, we should" George said "It's the right thing to do."

"I agree" Karl said.

"Okay everyone be here around 6:00 pm tomorrow since it's starts at 7, meanwhile George you wanna go buy candles?" Niki asked.

George nodded...

"We'll be back guys" Niki said.

"Can I come with?" Karl asked.

"Sure" George said.

Karl stood up and started to leave with them, they headed out the doors. The three of them saw a black car pull up across the street and paparazzi came towards them. Once the doors opened Clays dad tried to make the paparazzi leave...

"Go away, shooo" Clays father said.

There came Clay and Drista out of the car, George looked at the male carefully. His eyes were red like he's been sobbing for days...

——-

Paparazzi was everywhere, and Clay didn't know what to say or think. He noticed the brunettes neck right away the hickey was covered with makeup but it was noticeable to him, I must've gotten him good if he had to cover it up...

A microphone flew towards him "How are you feeling about your mothers unknown death?"

"I- I don't know" Clay slurred his words, he was tipsy.

As soon as he opened his mouth Drista grabbed his wrist and went away from the paparazzi "Don't you dare follow us with those cameras!"

They went by a building away from the paparazzi but near George, the three heard in the conversation...

"What the fuck is wrong with you" Drista said.

"Huh?" Clay said.

Drista hit him in the back of the head "I can smell your breath, your drunk."

"I'm tipsy" Clay said "I'll be fine."

The male started to walk away but Drista grabbed him "Listen I get Mom died, but don't you dare throw your life away in a bottle of alcohol."

"Because you would just end up being the worst side of yourself" Drista said "The very small side of you that's exactly like him over there."

Clay knew Drista was right, tears were threatening to come out of his eyes...

——-

"We should go to the store later, there's paparazzi everywhere" Karl said.

"I agree, let's go back inside" Niki said.

"I'm gonna stay outside a bit, just to get from fresh air" George said.

They nodded and they left George, the brunette walked to the corner of the circus wall and where Clay and Drista were talking. He shouldn't be eavesdropping but this was by far the closest he could get to Clay cause he knew the blonde didn't wanna talk to him...

——-

"Are you okay Clay?" Drista asked.

Clay sniffled "Yeah."

"Positive?"

Tears fell from his eyes, and he wiped them dry "You know to be honest, I'm not so sure."

He looked down in agony "I miss her, and I don't know what going on in my life."

Drista listened "Take your time, I'm listening."

He sat against the wall to take breath "So remember how me and George left the auditorium a few days ago?"

"Yeah" Drista said.

"Well we might've kissed then it lead to something more" Clay fumbled with his fingers.

She sat by him "Oh."

"Now I think I might love him."

"Oh" Drista said "Well I support your decision."

She held his hand "Have you talked to him since?"

"No, kinda been ignoring him with everything going on" Clay said and stayed silent.

——-

He couldn't believe what he heard, he put his earphones on blasting music in his ears. George grabbed his stake board near the door and rode on it...

The blonde just George on the skate board, skating away "Fucking hell, I'm in some deep shit."

Drista looked at George and looked at her brother "It's okay that your in love."

"Wait, no no no" Clay said "Fuck."

Clay covered his face "What's wrong?"

"What if he heard our conversation?" Clay asked.

"Maybe it would be for the better, cause what if he likes you back?" Drista said.

"George Davidson, liking me?" Clay said "Not a chance."

"I mean you did have sex with him, I'm sure it meant something."

"This is making my brain hurt" Clay said.

Her head dropped to his shoulder "I love you."

"Love you too sis."

"I'm sure Mom would've wanted to you be with him" Drista said.

"With who?" Clay asked.

"George."

1035 words :)
Authors note: How's the story?