CHAPTER 429: smiling to yourself

The dark ceiling above seemed to have darken more and more like a black hole slowly engulfing any source of life away.

"Heh..."

Gongi laid like a lifeless soul on the cold floor. He chokes a chuckle as he stares up at the ceiling. Both his arms spread at his side and he ponder about his life at this very moment.

He could feel his body slowly turn cold and numb due to the massive amount of blood he was losing.

Averting his gaze to the tall and aloof man standing in front of him, he curses inside. If he had been born with a silver spoon like Lu Tian, his life wouldn't be so miserable like this.

"K... Kill me..."

He sobs a quiet whisper in plead. For someone weak like him, he rather die than rot in prison. Especially now that he has missing fingers, life will never be the same for him.

However, Lu Tian does not kill him but stares with no emotions in his eyes.

"You reap what you sow."

His words fell as he walks away from Gongi. The moment they decided to target his wife, their life was already in his hands, but as much as he wanted to end this bastard's life, they still need him alive to confess Chu Li Xiang's escape plan.

Gongi was frozen in place when he saw Lu Tian walk away. He thought the man would kill him on the spot, but instead he (Lu Tian) allowed him to live.

Hearing Lu Tian's footsteps grow fainter and fainter, Gongi uses every strength left in him to curse his next words.

"Lu Tian you bastard! You're going to die with no grave!! All your enemies will come after you and one by one they will rape your woman!!!!"

*Pu!

"..."

A shot fires from the direction Lu Tian had left to the man cursing aloud making everything silent.

Gongi's eyes shot open as the bullet did not hit him but a foot away from him head. He was so scared that he pissed himself. If Lu Tian really wanted him dead, he would have died right away.

Seeing the man go quiet, Lu Tian turns around and continues his steps in the direction his wife had gone. Reaching the back door leading to outside, his deep voice sounds.

"I will kill anyone who touches a strand of my wife's hair."

Just as he took a step out the door, the sound of siren wails from the back of the shop and in the front.

"Arrrhhhhh-!!!"

Gongi howls a deranged cry with both his legs kicking a fuss when he heard the cop cars. It was as if he had into a crazy psycho who was possessed.

"Arrhhh-!! Just kill me!!! Arrhhh-!!! Lu Tian you coward!!! Arhh!!!"

His treacherous yelling echoes inside Uncle Zhi's shop, but no one cared for the man at all.

"Captain!"

The members of Wolf Team who were positioned to guard the back calls out to Lu Tian when they saw him exit the building. Each person sighed in relief when no harm was done to their boss.

Lu Tian motion a nod in response to his men, but his eyes wonder through the crowd in search of his wife. He needed to see her so that this uneasy weight inside his chest will be lifted.

As he search for her, he finally sees her in the far back. She was currently speaking to three people with Uncle Zhi and Lian Ni Shang at her side.

A slight feeling of relief wash inside him, but he strides over to her. Only when she is standing in front of him will he be completely at ease.