CHAPTER 547: the next talk

Ni Wenli was scared by Yue Ling’s sharp gaze. She was unable to look at the woman in the eyes, so she avert her gaze away to look at the wall behind Yue Ling.

She tells herself to get it together as right now was not the time to be scared. Even if Yue Ling is General Ji’s granddaughter, she and Ning Mei were friends with Ji Chu Hua. From what she knows, Ji Chu Hua is doted and spoiled by the old man. If they get into trouble, they’ll just as Ji Chu Hua to help them.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she looks back at Yue Ling. Her chest stuck out and she raise her chin higher as if she were looking down on Yue Ling, who is still taller than her.

"Hmmf. Ning Mei has always had a good heart. How dare you slander with your disgusting lies."

Her left-hand raise, and she points at Yue Ling with eyes full of daggers. She made sure her expression was one that can make anyone who sees tremble with fear.

"We can sue you for false accusation!"

Yue Ling did not once show any change in her expression. She was as calm and collect as always. She felt Ni Wenli’s posture and attitude at this moment looked like a crazy circus monkey who is on an rampage for bananas.

However, as she thought this, her expression soon changed when she heard the woman’s last sentence.

She arch a brow in amusement and held back the urge to laugh in the woman’s face.

"You can sue me?"

Hearing her tone full of mocking, Ni Wenli was dumbfounded. She was trying to threaten Yue Ling, but instead, she (Yue Ling) took her (Ni Wenli) threat as some kind of joke.

She clench her fists tightly and tells herself to calm down again. Knowing that Ning Mei is alright to stand on her own, Ni Wenli moves her hand and fold her arms over her chest.

"That’s right. You defamed Ning Mei with your insulting words. Let me tell you, one word from me and your life in Imperial is over."

Han Yue Ling and Zhao Ya’Er may be from a more prominent family that her, but she has more resources in Imperial, or so she thinks she does.

One word from her and she can spread any news throughout Imperial with the people she knows. Besides, Ning Mei is a victim in this, they can surely sue Yue Ling for defamation.

Zhao Ya’Er watched from the side. She was dumbfounded and the corner of her lip twitched uncontrollably. Did Ni Wenli really say she can ruin their life in Imperial? What kind of joke is this?

Yue Ling was also dumbfounded by the woman’s words. Now, she couldn’t help but decide if she should feel sorry for the woman for having such a small brain. How can they sue her for defamation if everything she said is all true?

If Ning Mei were to take a polygraph right now, she would clearly fail. Unless, she decides to ’look out’ for the polygrapher.

However, knowing that words were useless at this moment, Yue Ling smiles a smile that did reach her eyes.

"If you can sue me, by all means, go ahead. However, don’t be surprise when the truth is revealed."

Her words fell and she turns to look at Zhao Ya’Er. The smile on her face turns soft and she spoke.

"Let’s go. We’ve kept them waiting for too long."

They have wasted too much time here with Ning Mei and Ni Wenli. Any longer and she was sure Madam Lu and Madam Zhao would get worried and come find them. She also doesn’t want to drag the two middle-aged women into this childish quarrel.