CHAPTER 546: thats not it either

Yue Ling shifts her attention away from Ning Mei and Ni Wenli. When her eyes landed on Zhao Ya’Er, the coldness around her quickly turns soft.

"Are you alright?"

"I am."

Zhao Ya’Er answers right away with a smile. She ignores the other two women and walks over to stand next to Yue Ling.

Fuming with boiling rage, Ning Mei clench her fists tightly. How long has Yue Ling been inside the spa locker room? How come she and Ni Wenli didn’t hear any voices or movements?

Not only that, Chu Li Xiang promised her that he would take care the slut. Why is she still standing here? Could it be that something went wrong?

No. Brushing the thought aside, she tells herself to not lose her composure. If she does, Yue Ling will surely see through her act. She must remember that Yue Ling already suspects her for drugging her (Yue Ling) drink during the farewell party.

As Ning Mei immerse in her own thoughts, Ni Wenli was dumbfounded by Yue Ling’s sudden appearance. Even though she is wearing a simple robe, it is no wonder she is a famous model. She can still make anything look good!

However, Ni Wenli quickly brush the thought away. She held Ning Mei’s arm and slightly leans closer and whispers something to her.

"Mei, we should leave."

She knows that the rookie model is angry and hurt due to the humiliation Zhao Ya’Er did to her, but they cannot afford to offend neither Yue Ling nor Zhao Ya’Er.

One is the cold-blooded Lu Tian’s cousin while the other is General Ji’s granddaughter. If words get out about what happened, she (Ni Wenli) and Ning Mei are as good as dead in Imperial.

When Ning Mei heard her friend’s words, she came back to her senses. She quickly rips off her grim expression and puts on her innocent appearance again.

Holding her cheek that was red from Zhao Ya’Er’s slap, she sniffles a sob and walks up to Yue Ling and Zhao Ya’Er.

"Ya’Er... I’m really sorry. You misunderstood me. I was only trying to look out for you. There is nothing between Hongyi... I mean Wei Hongyi and I."

Her words fell and she was able to squeeze out a few pearl sizes tears. She sniffles again and looks at Yue Ling.

"Senior Han, you have to help me. I don’t know what I did wrong to anger Ya’Er this much. For her to slap me, you must find justice for me."

"..."

Yue Ling looks back at the woman, but there was no sympathy in her eyes. Noticing the woman’s red cheek, she arch a brow. She wanted to give Zhao Ya’Er a big thumbs up for remembering to leave a handprint.

However, thinking about Ning Mei’s words, Yue Ling’s arch brow returns to its normal place and her expression darkens a little.

"I am not your senior and you reap what you sow."

Her voice was angelic as ever, but each word she spoke were like sharp daggers and another slap to Ning Mei’s face.

Yue Ling felt like her eyes have been tainted just looking at the woman.

How can Ning Mei sleep with Wei Hongyi and then say she was trying to look out for Zhao Ya’Er?

Anyone who sees the photo can tell what had happened. Unless, Ning Mei meant she was trying to help Zhao Ya’Er by sleeping with the man.

However, with all the proof from that one photo, only a fool would believe such a pathetic excuse.

Ning Mei clench her fists tightly as another wave of anger wash inside her. First it was Zhao Ya’Er who humiliated her and now, the woman she wants dead is also humiliating her.