CHAPTER 596: A gift in advance

In full rage for his boss and the loss of her child, Nie Chen takes a step forward to grab Ning Mei from the floor. However, before he could make a move, Yue Ling moves her hand away from Ning Mei's cheek and calmly stood up.

"Chen, she isn't worth it."

Even if she didn't see his expression, she knows what Nie Chen is thinking about, but she does not want any of her subordinates to waste their time dealing with someone as despicable as Ning Mei.

Taking one last look at the woman still sitting on the floor, Yue Ling turns away and walk towards the door.

"Han Yue Ling! You won't get away with this!"

Ning Mei quickly came to her senses when she saw Yue Ling leaving. She doesn't know what is going to happen, but she can confirm that the person who shot the bullets at her in the bathroom was definitely Yue Ling.

She now knows what it feels like to be afraid. However, all she cares about if her life after tonight. She hasn't even finished her dream and now she's already a murderer. What will people say about her?

Scared out of her wits, she attempts to crawl after Yue Ling to stop her, but due to the chain around her ankle, she wasn't able to get far from the bed.

"Yue Ling! Please, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to kill your baby."

Ning Mei cries pitifully once again like she had finally realized her mistake. She is too afraid to go to jail. How will someone like her be able to survive in the world now?

Hearing her pleading words, Yue Ling stops in her steps before leaving out the door. She slowly turns around and stares back at the woman crying for her life.

"I forgive you, but I will never forget what you did."

She can understand why Ning Mei is the way she is, but even if a person wanted to reach the highest peak in the world, they shouldn't kill just to achieve that dream.

Even though her hands are stained with the blood of many, they were all evil beings that caused havoc upon innocent beings. Never once did she used her knowledge of killing someone to help with reaching her career.

Ning Mei stares at Yue Ling with eyes cover with tears. Her fists curls tightly at her side as she knew this was the end for her. She spits onto the floor and yells at Yue Ling.

"I don't care if you forgive me! Just let me go! If you don't let me go, I swear you're going to regret it for the rest of your life!"

She spat each word like someone who will kept their words, but only God knows that she is still evil on the inside. She swore inside that once Yue Ling lets her go, she will do everything she can to steal what Yue Ling has. Never will she let the retired model look down on her again.

However, to her unfortunate, Yue Ling was able to see through her little façade. Just one look at her eyes and once will see her true intentions.

She lightly shakes her head and walks back over to Ning Mei.

"Truthfully, I did plan to let you go, but you don't seem to know what is good for you."

Her righthand reach inside her coat pocket and she takes out a small clear bottle and a syringe. Turning for the only table in the room, she set the two items down before she opens the lid to the small bottle.

"You might not want a child, but I did. I thought I would be able to finally start a family of my own, but you took that chance from me."

She pokes the needle part of the syringe into the clear bottle and fills up the barrel.