CHAPTER 434: Stay with me

The moment Liu Shan's car entered the middle of the four-way intersection to make a turn, a big garbage truck with no headlights on slams right into his car.

The hard impact pushes Liu Shan's smaller car until it flips over three times in a 360 and slams into a lamppost across the street.

"Yue Ling..."

Lu Tian's eyes stared in disbelief at what just happened. He whispers her name with a trembling heart as the phone in his hand drops to the hard ground.

"Yue Ling..."

Like someone had suddenly dropped a heavy weight onto his heart, Lu Tian felt like he was trapped in the deepest part of the ocean with no air to breathe.

Everything happened so quickly and right in front of him.

Suddenly feeling another wave of shocking pain in his chest, his senses finally returns to him. Dread flash on his face as he roars her name and runs to her like his life depended on it.

"YUE-!!! LING-!!!"

Reaching the damaged car that is now upside down, Lu Tian tries to pull the open the jammed door with all his strength. His mind filled with two things and that is his wife and child.

*Pu!

*Pu!

Just as he was able to pull the door open a little, a shot fires from behind him. However, before it could hit Lu Tian, someone else also fires a shot.

Two bullets collide together before changing their course of directions.

Lin Hui and Qi Li who also witnessed the horrifying scene were unable to think clearly. Both took their helmets off and dropped their motorcycles. Without having any second thoughts, they rush towards Liu Shan's car.

When they were almost there, a man suddenly stepped out from the driver seat of the garbage truck and shoots Lu Tian.

Luckily Lin Hui reacted fast enough and shot a bullet in the direction of the man's bullet.

*Pu!

Seeing that the two bullets had change directions and Lu Tian was now safe, he fires another shot at the man before he (the man) could shoot again.

Unfortunately, Lin Hui's bullet did not enter the man's skull but hit his waist. The man utters a groan and falls down to the ground.

Lin Hui's attention turns back to the messed up car and he force his legs to run faster.

"BOSS!! LIU SHAN!!"

Even with the sound of gunshots right behind him, Lu Tian did not care. He needed to know that his wife and child are fine. He cannot afford anything to happen to them.

Using all the strength in him, he pulls the jammed door to force it open. Just as he was finally able to pull the door open, the window that had yet to fully shatter completely shatters.

Inside the car, the seatbelt wrapped across Yue Ling held her upside down.

Her body was covered in red as a trail of blood covered half of her face with open cuts as parts of her clothes had been slit from the crash.

However, what ached Lu Tian's heart the most was her hands. Even when she was experiencing this life threatening situation, she still held onto her stomach like she was protecting their child.

"Yue Ling, everything will be okay. So stay with me."

Lu Tian force himself to stay together and tries to calm his trembling hands. He reach for the belt buckle to unfasten her seatbelt.