CHAPTER 488: Yue-yue are you okay?

As the morning sky turned close to afternoon, Chu Li Xiang finally escaped from the airport. He jumped into a taxi and sighs in relief. His chest heaved up and down as he tries to catch his breath, and his appearance was disheveled.

"Sir, where to?"

In the front seat an elderly taxi driver asks as he glance at Chu Li Xiang from the rearview mirror.

Hearing the man, Chu Li Xiang looks at the man before reaching inside his coat pocket to hand the driver a piece of paper.

"Drop me off at this location."

The taxi driver took the piece of paper and punch in the address on his GPS. At the same time, Chu Li Xiang relaxed and leans his head back to rest.

However, as he closed his eyes, he did not see the quick glint of light that flashed within the elderly man’s eyes.

As the car drives away from Imperial Airport, in another part of Imperial, Yue Ling is casually sitting near a window inside a restaurant by herself.

She wore a long plaid flannel under a beige knitted sweater. On her bottom was a pair of black denim and her feet wrapped in warmth by a pair of black ankle booties.

Set on the chair next to her is her black wool coat as the inside of the restaurant is warm.

"Yue-Yue!"

From ahead, a woman’s cheerful voice calls out to her and she looks up at the person.

It was Zhao Ya’Er.

She wore a loose grey turtleneck sweater and a white pencil skirt that reach her knees. Place on top of her short pixi haircut is a pink beret hat as she wore a pair of black sock boots to finish her outfit.

Zhao Ya’Er smiles happily when she sees her best friend. She waves her hand as she approach the table to sit.

"Ah, sorry to make you wait. I had to make a quick stop to meet my mother."

Watching the woman make her way to the table, Yue Ling sighs a smile.

Zhao Ya’Er had suddenly called for them to have lunch together. She almost turned the invitation down due to a certain someone, but coincidently, a pile of work matters dropped on Lu Tian causing him to go to work.

Seeing that it has been a while since she last saw her new friend in Imperial, Yue Ling sweet talked her way in letting her leave the house.

As Zhao Ya’Er sits down on the chair across from her, Yue Ling also came back from her thoughts. She gives the woman a smile.

"I just got here too."

Seeing her pretty and perfect smile, Zhao Ya’Er sighs inside. She has seen many pretty women, but when compare to the person sitting in front of her, no one is comparable.

Not only that, as a woman, even she can’t help but fall for Yue Ling’s charms. If she was a man, she would be fighting with her cousin brother for her (Yue Ling) attention.

Remembering her mother had a gift for Yue Ling, she hands the giftbag across the table to the retired supermodel.

"My mother said the weather has gotten colder, so she bought this for you."

Yue Ling was taken by surprise, but she smiles again and takes the giftbag. It was pink and had floral prints all over.

"Tell her I said thank you and that she didn’t have to."

Setting the bag on her lap, Yue Ling looks inside and was surprise to see a tan coat.

It was a very simple gift, but her entire being softens. As a designer, she has a room full of clothes, but being gifted a gift from someone, she finds it heartwarming.