CHAPTER 539: a champ

"How is he doing?"

Yue Ling had just closed the door to the guestroom when a question was thrown her way. She turn to look at the person and arch both her eyebrows.

Standing at the end of the hallway that connected the living room and guestroom were three figures.

Xu Long was bent on all fours with his head poking out into view. Above his head was Qi Li’s then Lin Hui’s. The sight of them reminded her of the three stooges.

She was stunned to the point of speechlessness but came to her senses. She inhales sharply and walked towards them.

"Like a champ."

All three men were nervous and worried for Liu Shan, but hearing her response, a sigh of relief escape their lips at the same time.

Xu Long slumps onto his stomach while Lin Hui and Qi Li sat on the assistant’s back. Knowing that Liu Shan is doing better, even if it is only by a little, it was better than nothing.

They were men and could understand the man’s feelings, but truth be told, they were useless when it comes to this kind of topic.

Good thing Yue Ling is here to handle the job.

After a long minute, Xu Long finally notice the weight on him. His face turns red from lack of oxygen and he taps on the floor with a grunt.

"Guys... A little help here, you’re both suffocating me."

"..."

Both Lin Hui and Qi Li quickly jump off from the man. They were wondering why the floor suddenly became soft. Turned out Xu Long was being used as a couch for their fall.

"Phew—"

Xu Long got up from the floor and wipes the imaginary sweat on his forehead.

"Man, I thought I was going to die. You two need to lose some weight."

"..."

Hearing the assistant’s words, Lin Hui and Qi Li were dumfounded. One is 70kg while the other is 72kg. Combing their weight together of course they would be heavy. However, to tell them to lose some weight, wouldn’t they just become sticks and bones?

How rude of him!

"So, what do we do now?"

Oblivious to their thoughts, Xu Long asked and his question brought the other two back to their senses. Their expressions turn into one of pondering and thought hard about the question.

"I got it!"

The lightbulb over Lin Hui’s head flickers on and he snaps his fingers. Grabbing the two men by the arm, he turns them to face the living room with him.

"Boss, we’ve discussed over a nonverbal communication and have come to an agreement."

Placing his arms around Xu Long and Qi Li’s shoulders, he puts on a very serious look.

"We are going to have another sleepover here."

Xu Long and Qi Li were about to cut the man off, but hearing his last sentence, both men were quick to agree. Their heads nod at the same time and looks at the other three figures in the room.

Qi Li: "What he said."

Xu Long: "You won’t even know that we are here."

Sitting on one of the white couches, Yue Ling and Lu Tian stared at the three men. The couple held a calm expression, but deep inside, they were debating between laughing or crying.