CHAPTER 593: Touches ones hear

Standing tall by the door, Liu Shan frowns from under the phantom mask. He stares back at Ning Mei like she was an idiot as she was staring with wide eyes at him.

However, it didn't take long before realization dawn in him and he smiles under the mask.

"Oh, my bad."

Taking a big step to the side, his body frame that once blocked the door reveals another tall figure. They stood almost at the same height, but he is taller by two inches.

He pays no more attention to Ning Mei and turns to the person before slightly bowing his head in greeting.

"Boss."

Ning Mei stares at the new figure and she felt every ounce of dread crawl inside her. It was like tiny ants had storm from her feet and made their way to her head but decided to stop at her heart to feast on it.

The person standing at the door was tall and slender compare to the other three men, but the thing that frightened her the most was the red hannya mask that looked like the devil himself.

From the figure's appearance, she could only assume that this fourth person is also a man.

"W-Who are y-you?"

Her quavering voice echoes inside the old and rundown room, but it was as if the man did not hear her and leisurely enters the room.

He calmly walks towards her and stops at the foot of the bed. Even with the mask on, one can see that he is looking straight at Ning Mei.

"Boss, you didn't have to come here. We were just about to leave."

Nie Chen suddenly spoke from the side. His entire demeanor was full of respect and he completely ignores Ning Mei who was still shivering in fear on the bed.

He was surprised to see his boss come in the room because he, along with Liu Shan and Lin Hui were only here as planned. They were assigned to scare the rookie model a little then leave.

However, never did he think his boss would suddenly show herself as they needed to make sure her identity is not reveal.

Hearing Nie Chen address the red mask man as 'boss', Ning Mei's eyes widen and due to the close distance, her arms stretch forward, and she grabs the red mask man's arms.

"Hongyi? It's you right?"

Tears quickly welled up in her eyes again and she wails like a sad and pitiful little girl who was lost at a theme park.

She quickly assumed this man is Wei Hongyi because Nie Chen is here. From what she knows, he (Nie Chen) is someone who works for Wei Hongyi.

"Wuu... Why are you doing this to me? Is it because I asked Nie Chen to kill Zhao Ya'Er?"

Her face distorted into an unpleasant sight with her cries and she tightens her grip on the person she thought to be Wei Hongyi.

"It's all a misunderstanding. I only wanted to scare her for not returning your love. Wuu... The person I only want dead is that slut Han—"

Ning Mei's words had yet to finish when a fist suddenly appears from the side and struck her on the cheeks causing her head to turn to the right. Her grip on "Wei Hongyi's" arms loosens, and she stumbles down onto the floor.

The loud clanking from the chain on her ankle echoes inside the room. However, she ignores it and glares with tearful eyes at the person who had dare to struck her.

"Y-You..."

Lin Hui who had been sitting down was now standing next to "Wei Hongyi". He stood on the right side as Nie Chen on the left. However, both his arms folded over his chest and even with the phantom mask on, Ning Mei could see the chilling and murderous look in his eyes.