CHAPTER 521: What do I do

Glancing at the old man, Yue Ling arch a brow, then smiles to him as she leans her head back against the pillow.

\"Yeye, I am really fine. You know that I always recover healthy after taking down the bad people.\"

Although her expression was full of smiles and looked like her usual self, Grandfather Ji did not smile with her. He close his eyes and he shook his head.

\"I am not asking how you are physically doing. I am asking how you are mentally doing.\"

Yue Ling’s eyes slightly shook. She could feel a sudden sharp pain in her chest hearing his words and her smile grew faint.

Not wanting him to see this look on her, she turns to look elsewhere.

\"I really am alright. I really am.\"

Grandfather Ji knew she was stubborn. She had inherent this side from him. However, he was able to see the look in her eyes before she looked away and he sighs.

\"That answer might work on some people, but not for me. I am your yeye, do you think I can’t read you?\"

Like a dull pain suddenly came crashing inside Yue Ling, her smile completely fades, and she thought back to the morning before her meet with Zhao Ya’Er.

Brushing it aside, she looks back at her grandfather.

She wanted to reassure him that she is fine, but the moment her eyes met his, she knew she could not hide anything from him.

\"Yeye...\"

She had never told anyone, but in the past after they put Shin to rest, she knew that he had heard and saw her cry to herself in grief for her loss.

She knew that her grandfather had sat outside the room and quietly cried for her.

It was in that moment that she told herself she will never cry again. She never wants to see her grandfather, or anyone cry so painfully for her.

However...

As she stares into his eyes full of worry for her, her eyes slowly welled up and her lower began to tremble.

Like the walls that hold her up and made her strong suddenly collapsed, it was as if her life came crumbling down and everything inside her turned into emptiness.

\"Yeye... They say I can’t have a baby anymore...\"

Her brows crease tightly as she tries to fight her tears back, but the more she tried to hold in the pain, it escaped her like a throbbing pain in her chest that can never be healed.

One after another, beads of tears slid down her cheeks as the sadness and sorrow she had been fighting burst inside her like a dam.

\"I can’t have a baby anymore. I will never have the chance to be a mother.\"

Her muffled sobs echo inside the private ward and her tears turned into sharp swords that pierce through Grandfather Ji’s heart all at once.

The moment she opened her eyes from the car accident, he knew she was in pain and wanted to cry for her loss.

However, being the person she is, she didn’t want to worry everyone, so she put up a wall to hide her pain.

To hide away her grief so that others will not worry for her, but he is her grandfather.

How can he not know?

He, of all people knows better than anyone how she is feeling. For he, has seen and experienced the loss of many loved one.