Chapter 18

Vic's POV: I just finished cooking dinner when Vance and Joshie walked in. "Perfect timing, place Josh in his highchair and grab the drinks will ya?" Vance nodded his head and sat Josh in his chair "Okay what does Daddies favourite baby want to drink?" Vance asked Josh "I'm your only baby, and can I please have pop" "Sure.." "No" I cut off Vance, I whispered in his ear "Josh goes to the dentist tomorrow, I know it won't matter now, but I don't want him to want it later, soda will be for special occasions, give him the choices of milk, regular, chocolate or strawberry, water, or juice apple, blueberry or cranrasberry" Vance nodded his head. "Sorry baby looks like we don't have any soft drinks right now, so you have to choose between milk, water, or juice" Josh scrunched up his nose in thought "Can I please have Milk" "sure what kind, we have regular, chocolate or straw..." Vance cut off seeing how huge Josh's eyes went at strawberry. "I take it you want strawberry" Josh nodded his head very fast and started jumping up and down in his chair while clapping his hands. "Okay settle down before you hurt your self"
Vance filled a plain, double handled, dark blue sippy cup halfway with strawberry milk, filled the other half with plain milk, and mixed it. I placed our meals on the table before placing Josh's on a blue teddy bear-shaped plate, with the carrots in the ears and the mac and cheese on the face. I placed it on his highchair tray. "Okay baby do you want to feed yourself or have Daddy or I feed you?" "I feed myself" "Okay let me grab a bib and spoon for you then, don't touch it until you have the bib on" I went to a drawer in the kitchen where we store bibs and pacis, and grabbed one that was light blue and said 'Daddies messy Lil monster' I turned back to see Josh putting two carrots up his nose. "Joshua," I said in a stern voice, he looked at me and pulled the carrots out and placed them in my outstretched hand, I threw them out and place four more on his plate. "but Papa I only shoved two in my nose" he complained "Every time you waste veggies you get two more, so because you wasted two you got four, now please listen and don't complain, okay baby" Josh nodded his head.

Josh's POV: I nodded my head and let Papa tie the bib loosely around my neck. when he was done he ruffled my hair. "Okay sweet boy, you can eat now" I quickly grabbed my spoon and started shoveling the mac n cheese into my mouth, until I felt someone grab the spoon from me. I looked up and saw Daddy holding my spoon, I whined and started using my hands to shovel food into my mouth, until someone took away my plate, again I looked up and saw Papa holding my plate. "Daddy, Papa, give me back my food I'm hungry" I growled out "Please" I added as an afterthought. Daddy grabbed a wet face cloth and started wiping my face and hands, "Joshie maybe Papa or I should feed you, if you keep eating that fast, you'll make yourself sick." "No Daddy, I'm a big boy, I can feed myself, I'll slow down I promise" I looked at both of them with puppy dog eyes and a huge pout on my face. "Okay Josh but if you start wolfing down your food again Daddy or I will feed you, got it" I nodded my head "Use your words baby boy, so we know you understand." "Yes, Papa, I understand I won't wolf down my food" Wolfing down my food is a strange saying, I'm not a wolf, Kookie is, I'm a boy so how can I wolf down food. Speaking of Kookie where is he, did he run away, or was he kidnapped or is it wolfnapped since he's a wolf. I was so lost in my thoughts once again that I didn't notice Papa placing my plate down until Daddy placed my spoon back in my hands, and ruffled my hair. I slowly went back to eating my food, well not slow but at a normal pace.
Eventually, dinner was over, Daddy grabbed yet another wet washcloth and cleaned me up again. Papa picked me up and we went into the living room.

Vance's POV: I stayed in the kitchen to do a quick clean-up and place the dishes in the dishwasher, and wash the pot out by hand. Our wonderful maid Molly will do a deep clean of the areas and stove burners that were used, and she'll also empty the dishwasher when it's done, but Vic and I enjoy doing little cleanups to help her out, I mean we make the mess we should clean most of it up. In fact, we didn't have a maid or any helpers until we knew that we were close to having a little one, then we hired Molly to help us clean three days of the week mostly Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, We also hired Tom to help us cook, when we host parties, it just makes our lives a little bit easier.
When I was done I entered the living room where Vic was sitting on the couch on his phone while also brushing his left hand through Josh's hair, Josh was curled up on Vic's left side watching a kids' show with a police dog and a fire dog, thumb in his mouth. "Hey, Joshie do you want a dummy" Josh just looked at me and nodded. I grabbed just a plain blue one before pulling his thumb out of his mouth and popping the paci in. I sat next to Vic. "What is this show?" I whispered "I think it's called Paw Patrol or something, I dunno, Josh seems to like it tho... I think we might have a problem." "What problem?" "I'll tell you later when Josh is down for the night, but let's just say it's about his uncle's demise." I slowly nodded my head fear bubbling up inside me, We did kill a human being, ya he was abusive and our instincts took over to save Josh, but we did break the law, oh god are we going to go to jail, is Josh going to be taken away from us, or Vic and I will be killed. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a small boy that crawled onto my lap during my thought process and was repeatedly hitting my chest. "Joshie why are you hitting Daddy?" "Want milkies but Papa said to go to Daddy" "bottle or breast?" I asked Vic, he lifted Josh off my lap. "Go take a pill, you can breastfeed him tonight, just be warned it does hurt, but you'll love it" He then kissed my cheek, "And stop worrying about the uncle it's nothing too serious, now go" I stood up to leave. "Daddy going bye-bye" "No, Joshie he's just getting ready, for milkies." It hit me, Josh sensed my distress and fell into headspace.