1

~Josh In Media~

Josh's POV- I woke up to my phone vibrating. I quickly turned it off and listen for sounds of my uncle. Not hearing anything, I quietly jumped out of bed. Groaning at the pain that shoots through my body. from my Uncle's lesson last night. How is it my fault my mother, his twin sister past away 7 years ago? I threw my holey-thin blue blanket on top of my mattress and flatter than flat pillow. I scurried over to my small closet and pulled out my only pair of black jeans, black t-shirt, and red sweater. I quickly hopped into the bathroom to have a cold shower. I am not allowed to use the hot water, My Uncle says he doesn't have enough money for me to waste the hot water. After my shower I quickly threw on my clothes, brush my teeth and brushed my brown hair.

I tiptoed downstairs to start breakfast for my Uncle. I went to pull out the eggs, only to see that we don't have any left. shit, I think to my self, no eggs for bacon and eggs Friday, I am so toast. Hearing my Uncle's alarm going off I quickly fixed him a breakfast of bacon, toast, and pancakes. Making sure I made enough for just him. Just as I set his plate on the table, he walks in wearing his black jeans held up by a very thick belt, (the same belt he used on me last night) red and white checkered t-shirt, and his black steel-toed boots. and sits at the table. He looks at his plate and the vein in his neck started to bulge out.

"Bitch, were is my eggs?" He yelled I shakenly turned to him with my head down. "Sorry, Sir but we are out of eggs." WHACK I felt his fist fly onto my stomach. I instantly dropped to the floor. BAM I felt his steel-toed boot in my side. "Then....get...more....eggs....after....school," he said as he continued to kick me. I just lay there knowing I couldn't fight back. after 10 minutes of him kicking and punching me, he yanked me up by my hair. "Now, get going to school, if I get a phone call saying you were late again this will feel like love taps got it" "Yes sir" he let go of my head and went back to eating. I grabbed my bag and left the house. I pulled out my cellphone to check the time 0600 (a/n I will be using 24-hour clock in this story) sighing I start my 2-hour walk to school.

Victor's POV- my husband and I were walking around this town, trying to find some poor kid to bring into our family. It was hard because of our vampire laws stating that vampires can only take human children if they are abused, orphaned or homeless that was the agreement after us vampires won the war 100s of years ago with humans, we cannot use the humans we take in as food, slaves, or for sex, we take them in to give them a better life. Humans continue living their lives like always. I felt a tug on my hand. I looked at my husband. "Vic, do you see that boy over there?" I turned my head to were my husband was pointing. There was a boy, he was thin and looked to be only 10 he looked to be only 5 feet, limping down the sidewalk on the other side of the street. He had brown hair, and dark brown eyes, that looked sad. He was wearing black Jeans, black t-shirt, and red sweater. He had bruises starting to form on his left eye. He stopped walking, took out his flip phone and what looked like a liquid concealer. He then applied the concealer and put everything away. I took a step closer to him he took off running.

I heard Vance's cell phone going off he talked on it for a bit and then turned to me. "That was your brother, Jackson he wants us to fill in for some teachers today at the human high school. I told him we will. You'll be filling in for the PE teacher Mr. Kicks, and I'll be filling in for the Chemistry teacher Miss Spenser." I just nodded my head and started walking in the direction of the school. Wondering if that boy went to the school and what happened to him. I felt my vampire wanting him as his baby.