chapter 23

Vic's POV: I grabbed Josh from Vance and held him close to my chest while rubbing his back in downward strokes to calm him down. "Shh it's okay now baby, Papa is here, I'll protect you from everything" I whispered in his ear. After a few minutes, he started to calm down, so to calm him further I gently patted his padded covered bum.
"Papa?" Josh lifted his head. "Yes, baby?" "Is my Uncle really dead and can't harm me anymore?" "Yes baby your uncle is dead and can never harm you again, and if anyone tries to harm you they have to deal with your Daddy and me." Josh snuggled back into my chest, he grabbed my hand that was patting his bum (I stopped when he lifted his head off my chest so I could hold him better) and placed it back onto his bum. I chuckled and patted his bum again.
I turned to Vance. "We are going to my Uncle's tomorrow for dinner, he wants to meet Joshie" "He will not hurt you Joshie, My uncle loves and spoils children" I whispered in his ear after I felt him tense up after hearing the word uncle. "Do we have to wear the robes?" I laughed at my husband's questions. He hates wearing the robes we have to wear every time we visit my uncle, so everyone knows that we are family members and some rift raft, I'm used to wearing one due to growing up in the castle and almost always wearing robes, except when I was going out in public. "Of course, unless you want a repeat of last time when one of the guards threw you out onto the street until my Uncle spoke for you" Vance blushed and shook his head. "Well I guess it's time to go, It's almost someone's nap time, and we have to go dig out some robes and a nice outfit for Joshie" "How come he doesn't have to wear robes?" I laughed because Vance is cute when he's jealous. "Josh is just a baby who will be constantly held or near one of us at all times, Now lets go" I grabbed Vance's hand because if I didn't he would say goodbye for hours (A/N we all know someone like this) and dragged him to the car.

Vance's POV: Vic dragged me to the car so we could leave without letting me say goodbye to our friends, he claims I take forever but doesn't everyone? "Vance if you don't stop pouting I'll give you something to pout about, besides someone is sleepy" Vic whispered in my ear. I blushed because the last time he threatened that I didn't believe him, and ended up with blue balls. "You won't dare" I hissed back He snorted "Looks like you forgot what happened last time. I just looked away. "Papa. Daddy, I'm sleepy" I looked at Josh who was rubbing his eyes. "Don't do that you might hurt your eyes, sweet boy" I gently told him. "I'm sweepy" he huffed "It'll be a bit before we get home, you can sleep on the way home" "Kay" Josh leaned back and closed his eyes. We headed home for the day.

A/N Short chapter I know but I didn't know what else to do in this chapter. The next chapter will be the meeting of the vampire king. (Don't know when it will be written or published) So Happy Holidays.