02: Toil and Trouble

CHAPTER TWO❊❊❊❊❊❊❊_____________________________________

CHAPTER TWO
❊❊❊❊❊❊❊
_____________________________________

      "MOVE ALONG, MOVE ALONG. MAKE way for your superiors." Patrick called drily, pottering past a herd of young students in the Entrance Hall after having abandoned the horseless carriages up to the Castle.

"You're an arse." Dana chided, worming her way around them and apologising for his twattish behaviour.

Cedric shook his head in a mixture of amusement and disapproval, "They're only first years, give 'em a break. Poor kids have only been here five minutes and already met a bunch of Dementors on the train."

It turned out that the disturbance from earlier had been a result of the guards of Azkaban searching for Sirius Black, apparently causing quite the scene at the other end of the Hogwarts Express— in the very compartment that Dana and Lilith had chosen to vacate.

Patrick merely snorted in response, criticising him immediately for turning soft ever since he had become a Prefect.

"It was a miracle that one of us were even chosen to be one. Dumbledore must've thought he would be able to put us in our place." Lilith reasoned.

As wise as that man may be, Dana knew he was wrong and shared a mutual grin with Paddy.

They quickly said their goodbyes to Cedric as he was forced to join the other Hufflepuff's, the rest of them then heading over to the Gryffindor table. Seamus was sat beside his fellow third years and Patrick leant over to pinch his brother's cheek tauntingly before stealing the empty spot next to them.

"Feeling any better, Harry?" Dana asked, plopping herself down onto the polished wooden bench. "Fred was just telling us what happened with that Dementor, sounded pretty nasty."

Before the messy haired boy could answer, Ron Weasley opened his mouth, eagerly leaning forwards to recall the horrific details. Harry quickly cut him off.

"I'm alright, Dana. Thanks." smiled Harry weakly, still looking relatively pale faced. He bit down on a bar of chocolate and quickly stuffed it back into his robes.

Dana wondered where he'd got it from. She was bloody starving.

Just then, a group of Slytherins with more arrogance than ever came swaggering past their table. Hermione Granger scrunched up her nose in anticipation and Dana rolled her eyes.

Draco sodding Malfoy.

His beefy bodyguards, Crabbe and Goyle, were placed either side of him, all three of them cooing over to them. When Draco dramatically pretended to faint, Harry's jaw tightened. Clearly, most people had caught wind of the incident on the train.