16: A Chaotic Christmas at the Burrow

CHAPTER SIXTEEN❊❊❊❊❊❊❊_____________________________________

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
❊❊❊❊❊❊❊
_____________________________________

HE WAS THERE. HER PROFESSOR WAS there. The man who she had been heatedly kissing the last time she saw him was right there.

His eyes bulged at the sight of her, "Dana?"

"Re—professor." she blinked. Oh my god.

"What are you—?"

"Shacklebolt, Lupin! Good to see you." Dana's father had stood up to greet them both. "Been keeping well, I do hope?"

Oh my god.

"Not bad, Amos. The Auror Office has been busy, but nothing more than we can handle." stated Kingsley, though Dana had now tuned out completely.

Remus shook Amos Diggory's hand with a polite smile, attempting to hide how flabbergasted he currently was and Dana could hardly believe what she was seeing.

It wasn't unnatural for her father to be aquatinted with so many wizards, considering he worked at the Ministry. But why hadn't Remus mentioned to her that they had already met before now? Then again, it's not like he would've felt he needed to just yet. He had hardly expected to be spending Christmas of all days with her family. This really was pay back from the gods of the wizarding world.

Dana felt her cheeks grow warm and looked down toward the table, a roast potato suspended on her fork. She realised that she had been chewing on the same piece of turkey for so long that it had gone bone dry and swallowed it back with difficulty.

"Are you alright? You look all flustered." Cedric probed from opposite her, pouring himself more mead.

She nodded her head hastily, "Probably just from all the wine."

"I see. So you won't be wanting any more, then?" he assumed, raising a brow.

Dana extended out her glass to him with a look implying she very much needed more wine. Once he had filled her glass, she sunk half of it down and took in a shaky breath.

"Sit, sit! There's still plenty of dinner to go around. Arthur thought it would be a good idea to get twice as much as we needed. That man will never learn." tutted Molly, ushering both Remus and Kingsley into seats.

"Mother— you didn't tell us you were inviting one of our teachers." Percy breathed to her, appearing on edge.

"Oh, don't be silly, Percy. Remus is a dear old friend." Molly answered, waving him off. "Speaking of which, how's the teaching going? We've heard nothing but good things."

Remus cleared his throat, smiling coyly, "Very well, thank you, Molly."

When they all settled down again, Lupin's vision flickered over to Dana and they both exchanged alarming looks as if to say what are you doing here? But when Arthur spoke up, everyone's attention was drawn to him.