14: 'Tis the Season to Be Reckless

CHAPTER FOURTEEN❊❊❊❊❊❊❊_____________________________________

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
❊❊❊❊❊❊❊
_____________________________________

     DANA WAS SAT CROSS-LEGGED IN THE common room, practicing a list of advanced nonverbal spells they had been set to go over by Flitwick earlier that week. Beside her, Patrick held out random objects for her to summon, simultaneously jotting down notes from The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 7 to speed up the process.

He ran a finger over the browning page and skimmed through the pros and cons tediously.

"Yada yada yada... aha, can provide split second advantages against opponents. That'll have to do, I've had enough of Charms homework for today."

Dana smirked whilst scanning around for more items to practice on, "Not hurting that pretty little head of yours, is it?"

He gave her the finger and grabbed a rogue apple from the table, bringing it up to his lips. Unable to stop herself, Dana silently flicked her wand and it darted straight into her hand like a magnet. She tossed the apple into the air, impressed she had finally mastered the technique.

"Git." he said, grinning against his own will as she bit a large chunk out of it and winked at him. He soon summoned himself a new one and began crunching away moments later.

The common room was overflowing, given that it was a Saturday and the weather had become too freezing to bare studying out in any of the courtyards. That said, it made it all the more homely and warm in there, and Dana loved the atmosphere during this time of year at school as Christmas loomed ever nearer.

For the festive season, the room was draped profusely in glittering tinsel of all colours and an array of flashing fairy lights. Dana had actually spotted one of the House-Elves, Dobby, decorating it in excitement one night when she came down to grab the book she had left by the fire.

"Can someone tell me why I willingly chose to take this shitty subject again?" Lilith sighed painfully on the floor, rubbing at her head.

All weekend, she had been lost in the world of Ancient Runes, the tip of her nose practically touching her essay at all times.

"Well, for one, you love it." Dana said matter of factly. "And two, you're the best at it in the whole year— if not the entire school."

She didn't seem too convinced of this and buried her face into the threadbare carpet in despair.

"I know you're stressed, Lilith, but can we go outside already? Christmas is waiting patiently for you both to hurry the fuck up." Paddy said, having been waiting all day to enjoy the snowy grounds whilst they studied.