Sɪɴɢᴜʟᴀʀɪᴛʏ

Y/N Pov

A staticky noise awoke me from my slumber, blinking away any momentary sleep I sat up and stretched taking a small glance around me. The recent events all came to my mind, wincing I could still hear the desperation in mono's voice has he had pleaded me not to run.

'It was a bit rash and dramatic leaving them but it was only a matter of time before I split off from them anyways'

Trying to shrug away the lingering guilt that was creeping throughout my body I slid off of the couch and pondered weather I would go further through the city or head back towards the forest where I was more familiar.

The faint pitter patter of rain broke my train of thought as I looked over towards a slightly open window just a couple of yards away from the couch where I had passed out.

On a whim I headed over and decided to go further throughout the city seeing as the thought of getting more insight on everything here was more appealing even if it was more dangerous.

'Well curiosity killed the cat.. but satisfaction brought it back.'

With a small groan I used one hand to grip onto the window seal as the other pushed it upwards and open, quickly I patted down my body to make sure the notebook was still secure under my coat.

Looking back ahead I shook my head slightly before finally lifting my leg and pushing myself out and through the window, the atmosphere was.. well dreary as ever.

Humming and flicking the hood of the coat up and over my head I looked around and decided to get to the lower ground instead of staying upwards, taking careful steps because of how slippery the metal stairs were.

Walking felt a tad bit sore because of the over exertion of the past couple of days, especially falling down some stairs and narrowly missing a large ass bookshelf landing onto my body.

My eyes scanned the tilted buildings that laid ahead, noticing how everything seemed to be leaning towards the middle of the whole city. getting curious I started to walk past some of the apartments to see exactly what was in the very center of the city.

I could feel my eyes widen the moment I noticed a tall and ominous looking tower that had a singular lone signal on the very top of it. Something about it felt eerily familiar.

Slipping a hand under my coat I grabbed my notebook quickly, yanking the pencil out of the binds I flipped to the next open page quickly scribbling down about the tilted city and lonesome tower.

Sliding my book back under my coat and making sure it was secure I took a deep breath in and decided the tower would be my new destination. Knowingly I have gotten myself into plenty of trouble before but I fear this will be the greatest yet.

I started a brisk pace towards the tower, I had quite a ways to go. For a split second mono entered my thoughts vaguely I remembered back when we first met how trusting he had been, all the times he had saved my ass from danger and what not.

I tried my best to push away these thoughts knowing I would probably never see him again was making something within me ache in a sadness that I had never felt before. I needed to get back into my A game and refresh my senses.

Walking again a mere couple of minutes later I noticed a small crowd of people crowding around what was probably a TV, tilting my head I went over to the side and took a glance at their faces.. jaw dropping in a bit of shock I saw how their faces had been warped inwards.

'Is the TV doing this to them?? Hmm.. but why..'

I made a mental note to jot these thoughts down into my notebook when I was resting. Looking down I spotted a small rock, with a small smirk gracing my face I picked it up and chucked it at one of the peoples head.

They didn't even flinch or move at all as if not phased.

'How boring.'

Shrugging I decided to just leave them be and continue onwards to my destination.

The trickiest part of it all was not slipping and falling into any random puddles of water. Also I could feel a strong headache starting to happen the closer I got towards the center of the city, even though I was still quite far away.

Rubbing my temples and looking up I realized it was starting to rain down harder as distant thunder could be heard in the distance "just my luck."

Rolling my eyes I quickly started to head towards some shelter from the pelting drops, I ducked into an open doorway and shook my clothes off a bit before finally taking a good look around.

The place was mostly abandoned looking like everything else the only notable aspect of it was probably the rugged looking armchair that was placed near the corner.

'Damn I really wanted to keep on traveling, but that stupid rain just had to get worse.'

Slumping down onto the chair I removed my hood from the top of my head and brushed the wet pieces of hair that had started to obstruct my view of literally nothing.

Huffing I looked over to the corner of the room at some random piles of clothes..

"nah I'm not that crazy"