you give her a promise ring (requested)

"What an amazing meal," Momo said as she set her fork down on the plate in front of her, using a napkin to wipe her lips.

You sat across from her at the kitchen table, lost in your thoughts as the remaining few bites of food that you made for you and Momo turned cold.

Momo noticed how zoned out you seemed to be and that you hadn't eaten as much of your dinner as she had.

It was especially odd considering you made it.

It's her favorite food but you love it just as much and she didn't understand why you weren't touching it.

"Y/N?" She spoke as she reached across the table, wanting to hold your hand.

But it wasn't on the table, it was on your lap.

"Baby?" She tapped the table quietly, but it caught your attention.

"Yeah?"

"What's wrong?"

"What?" You chuckled nervously. "Nothing. Why?"

"You're quiet and you haven't eaten all of your food."

"Oh. Right. I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"Share it with me." She said and you agreed to do so.

"I got you something and I want to give it to you but I'm a little nervous."

"Nervous? Why would you be nervous? Are you proposing or something?" She joked and you shook your head.

"Not yet. It's just this for now." You said as you pulled a ring out of your pocket. "It's a promise ring."

"Oh," Momo smiled as you got up and walked to her side, the ring now directly in front of her bright brown eyes. "It's beautiful."

It was beautiful and oh so special.

Inside, engraved on the ring, said I love you forever. The diamond on it was breathtaking. It was sweet and Momo almost cried over how much it meant to her.

"I promise, someday, that this ring will be different. But for now, I want to give you this so you know that I love you forever and that you're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Oh, baby," she smiled as you put the ring on her finger and kissed her lips. "This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you. I love it so much."

"I'm glad." You smiled. "I love you and I mean every word."

"I know you do. I love you too." She said before kissing you again. "I'm getting you one of these soon."

"I won't complain if you do. But for now, focus on this." You said and kissed her hand.

She stared at the ring, her eyes full of stars.

She felt so happy and so loved as she wondered how she got so lucky.