you're not alone (requested)

Author's note: this chapter contains possibly triggering content. Please do not read if this makes you uncomfortable. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N?" Momo called out as she walked inside, closing the door behind her with her foot.

It's been a long and busy day in the studio and now that she's home, she wants nothing more than to hold you in her embrace.

As she kicked off her shoes, she stared at the stairs and awaited the sound of your hurried footsteps on them. Usually, when she gets home, you're running down the stairs and into her warm arms to give her a hug that you both need.

But you weren't anywhere in sight. She didn't hear your feet on the floor or you calling out in return for her and it worried her.

She rushed up the stairs, still calling out for you. But again, she didn't get anything in response.

"Babe?" She said as she walked into the bedroom, only to find it empty.

However, the bathroom door was closed and the light was on, so Momo knew that's where you had to be.

She walked to the door and turned the knob. Her smile was bright as she opened it up and saw your face, but it faded as soon as she saw what you had in your hands.

Sitting on the floor, you looked at her in shock while she looked at the blade in your hands.

"Y/N, don't." She spoke softly as she walked to you.

You had tears in your eyes, both from how overwhelmed you were feeling prior to Momo walking into the room, and now that she saw what you were about to do.

"Let me have that." She said as she stared at you through the tears in her own eyes, biting at her lip to keep any sobs from falling from them.

You handed the blade to her and Momo threw it into the trash without even thinking.

She took your hands into hers and looked at your wrists, finding them just as they were this morning; unharmed.

She checked your thighs and your arms and even your stomach before she breathed out a sigh of relief, feeling thankful that she found you when she did.

It was quiet for a moment, nothing but silence in the air.

Until she broke.

"You were going to hurt yourself?" She asked with a shaky voice, her lip trembling and her hand shaking as she brushed a lock of hair behind your ear.

"Yes."

"Why, my love?"

You went quiet and couldn't look into her teary brown eyes, unsure of what to say.

You've been carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders for the longest time.

People say things and that, unfortunately, comes with the life you live with Momo.

With such a public relationship, people are bound to say things.

Sometimes, though, they get under your skin, and the things they say hurt you deeply.

"Baby, talk to me." She said softly as she cupped your cheek, having you look into her eyes as she brushed her thumb across your skin.

"I just don't feel good about myself." You confessed. "I don't know how else to cope with the pain I feel."

Momo swallowed thickly, a lump appearing in her throat over your words.

It broke her heart to hear, especially when she thinks you're the most beautiful girl in the world and there's not a thing about you to dislike.

"You could've told me, sweet girl." She said. "Not just that you're going through a hard time mentally and emotionally, but also that you're having these thoughts." She said, biting her lip over the last word.

"I didn't know how to say it." You said.

"That's okay, I understand." She said and sent you a small but tearful smile.

"I'm sorry." You said, exhaling shakily.

"Don't be. Don't ever be sorry, baby." She said as she caressed your cheek. "You can talk to me, though. About anything, at any time. Even if you struggle to put how you're feeling into words at that moment, you come to me and tell me that you're hurting so I can help you."

Your lip trembled as you stared into her eyes, finding them shiny and full of love as she stared at you.

"People can be mean sometimes."

"I know." She sighed and held you close as you put your forehead on her shoulder. "I know words hurt. People just don't think before they say things. Sometimes, they just don't care. Sometimes, they're just cruel. I'm sorry for whatever anyone has been saying lately. It breaks my heart to see you this way. I don't want you to hurt yourself." She sniffled and held you tighter.

"I promise I won't." You said as you clung to each other tightly.

"You know you can tell me anything. I won't ever judge you, not ever. I promise." She said as you lifted your head to look at her.

"I know you won't and I'm so thankful for that." You mumbled.

"I know people can be mean but you are perfect just the way you are. So don't hurt yourself, please. I'll do whatever you need me to do if it helps you feel better." She promised and kissed your head.

"You being for me helps more than you know." You said and she put her forehead on yours before bringing your hands to her lips. "I love you. Thank you for making me feel better."

"You're my girl, my whole entire world." She said, kissing your forehead. "I love you too. I'll do anything to help make you feel better and to help you through this. You're not alone. Don't ever forget that."

You put your head back on her chest, feeling much more at ease now that the weight was lifted from your shoulders.

No matter what, you've always got a safe place to turn, and that'll never change.